Crear dvd

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

snider

Crear dvd

Post by snider »

Perdonar que escriba en castellano, pero no se escribir en ingles. Si alguien puede traducir mi post al ingles, se lo agradecería...
He conseguido crear un dvd del scummvm para la ps2. Esto es lo que hay que hacer. Espero que os interese :D

Crear un cd normalmente con la utilidad make_iso.bat incluida en la versión del scummvm.
Usar el programa isobuster y extraer los ficheros que hemos grabado en ese cd, al disco duro.
Añadir a los ficheros que hemos volcado al disco duro, las carpetas con los juegos que queramos añadir al dvd.
Abrir el Nero y elegir dvd-rom (udf/iso), sin multisesión, en la pestaña iso elegir sólo iso 9660 y en longitud de nombre de archivo: Máx. de 11 = 8 +3 caracteres.
Añadir todos los ficheros que hemos montado en el disco duro y grabarlo en un dvd de buena calidad y a 2x.
Y a disfrutar de estos maravillosos juegos :D :D :D
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Crear dvd

Post by sev »

Forum Rule #12.

Я тоже могу писать на непонятном языке.

Eugene
kaysow

Post by kaysow »

just det.
rootboy

Post by rootboy »

@ snider: Thanks for keep on trying, get it on DVD. I will test. I often heard that nero will function with these settings. But not mine!

Sorry that nobody follows your question to translate your post in English.
Though I´m able to understand your post- my spanish is definitely to bad to do it.
rootboy

Post by rootboy »

Okay I do not translate but I give you the important facts.

You can read it directly in English posted by SilverBlade in PS2: ScummVM 0.8.0 RC3 5.

All you need is the RC3 file, any possible way to extract a bin-file, Nero and your Scumm-Games.

-Extract your RC3-files.
-Do NOT insert any Games folder yet.
-Doubleclick make_iso.bat.
-A small bin file is generated.
-Extract this bin File in a folder. ( I tried different progs to extract- they all work.)
-Open Nero: chooseDVD
DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)
Multisession:No Multisession
ISO: Max. 11=8+3 Characters
ISO 9660
Joliet ( I don´t know- I try unchecked)
Insert all the ScummVM files we created in the bin file and extracted to the folder.
Insert all your ScummGames. (You know each Game needs his own folder on the disc. Exactly the same like if you would take cdtool. All games have to be readable and uncorrupted.)
-Burn the disc at 2x.

Few Words: It has to work. But as I said before –sometimes not. 30% of the DVD I created in this way do not work. They are unreadable in my ps2. I really don´t know why.

At this point(RC3) I Think we all don´t need it. COMI and BSWORD have to be installed on Harddrive. Sorry but all the amazing progs for the ps2, that will help us, get these big files on +ScummVM Harddrivepartition are buggy and do not work perfect. It took 8 times to get comi on HDD (readable or playable) and I´m still trying get The Dig on it.
Ok you all have more luck and you have all the games on hdd . But did you need a DVD to get it?
I think we don´t need it on DVD – UNLESS the DVD would be installed on HDLoader.
At this moment(RC3) HdLoader(etc.) +Winhiip seem to be the only two solutions to get a very big iso on the hdd without any mistakes.
lavosspawn
ScummVM Developer

Post by lavosspawn »

Yes, I know all of this is annoying. But we are facing so many seperate problems that I really can't take care of them. Even if I spent all my free time on it, I could never finish it. ;)

I actually wrote a small program for me that copied ComI etc from DVD to the HDD because the FTP solution doesn't really work for me. But again, that solution won't work for a public release, because coding a GUI for generic file copying, etc. would take *AGES*.

And Pixel is very busy and didn't get to fixing those DVD bugs so far...

Btw, Broken Sword 1 and 2 work quite smoothly from cd using mp3 compression.
rootboy

Post by rootboy »

lavosspawn wrote:Yes, I know all of this is annoying. But we are facing so many seperate problems that I really can't take care of them. Even if I spent all my free time on it, I could never finish it. ;)

I actually wrote a small program for me that copied ComI etc from DVD to the HDD because the FTP solution doesn't really work for me.
Thanks for reply:
First of all I have to clear all misunderstanding. Your Playstation port is incredible, awesome and yes it is PLAYABLE. And from the very beginning your RC1 made me so much fun. I waited all the last years for a official ScummVMPort for PS2. I know the unofficialPort. There are some good ideas in(virtual keyboard, his own design) but you can´t edit Scumm Settings, you can´t hear speech and gamemusic and you have to find out on your own how to install or copy games because there is no introduction. If you have found it out it is still much more complicated.
Your port is very easy to you use. You can handle it in many ways. This is incredible. It´s completely new and this was the right decision.

Thanks for telling that you had to write your own solution to get on hdd. I don´t ask for it. I think in Ps2 Community these solutions will never exist. So many years with hdd on ps2- and still there is no working filebrowser no working selftesting copyprocedures.
Thanks lavosspawn, thanks for all your enthusiasm. I would ask for implement usb-hdd but you said it already. Even if you would spent all your freetime ... i will ask for more, more,....
SilverBlade

Post by SilverBlade »

I think most "problems" discussed here, are more related to lack of knowledge than anything else.
Sorry but all the amazing progs for the ps2, that will help us, get these big files on +ScummVM Harddrivepartition are buggy and do not work perfect. It took 8 times to get comi on HDD (readable or playable) and I´m still trying get The Dig on it.
1. I used DMS format tool to create the +ScummVM partition. No problems.

2. I used LaunchELF's builit-in ftp server + leechFTP to install the Scumm games.. they all worked, and that includes COMI and The Dig. Again, no problems.
So many years with hdd on ps2- and still there is no working filebrowser
LaunchELF's filebrowser works perfectly... never had any problems whatsoever.
cpt. wesker

Post by cpt. wesker »

Breaking rule #12:

I ja mogu pisati neshvatljivim jezikom. :lol:
albeitar

ScummVM and HDD

Post by albeitar »

Can I use ScummVM with HDLoader? Where have I put the games?

Thank you