AGI Fanmade Games Detection

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Craftsmansheep54

AGI Fanmade Games Detection

Post by Craftsmansheep54 »

Hello.

First off, ScummVM is a great project and I apologise if my questions are n00b.

I am making an AGI game right now for a local Dutch fine arts project; for some reason the daily build I had installed on my PC (which died two weeks ago) detected those games as 'Agi Studio Tutorial Game' and allowed me to play them. But newer builds I installed on my friend's PC and my own Macbook don't recognize a game folder. Reading through some of the posts I gathered that the AGI detection mechanism works with a database of known games and will therefore not recognize fan-made games until a fallback mechanism is devised.

So my question is: until the new detection-mechanism is there, is there a way to manually add support for a game yourself? or should i request the dev's to add support for it?

Since I'm working now in OSX I can't use other AGI interpreters which do allow for new-games (or does anybody know a functioning OSX interpreter that I've missed?). Furthermore I would also like to be able to recommend ScummVM when distributing my game through my site, because it's a sympathetic project, very easy-to-use and has such a wide compatibility range.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.