Latest SVN Builds

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Latest SVN Builds

Post by DJWillis »

Periodically I release SVN builds of ScummVM for the GP2X on my ScummVM for the GP2X website for testing by a wider audience to help with compatibility and functionality improvements.

Unless these builds are marked as 'preview' releases or 'release candidates' then they are officially unsupported however I welcome feedback via this forum and any updates on game compatibility are especially useful.

Please mark any SVN feedback threads with SVN: and the version and date of the release in the post subject. i.e. "SVN: SCUMM Bug in 0.11.0 SVN 02/07/07".

Currently these releases are made by hand and uploaded on an ad-hoc basis when there is something worth including in a GP2X release ;).

Feel free to request SVN builds if there is something specific you wish to test but do not be offended if I take a few days to get around to it (non ScummVM workload is rather high at the moment).

Warning: SVN builds carry absolutely no promises of save compatibility. If you wish to be 100% sure you won't run into save issues or unknown problems stick to the official release builds.
Last edited by DJWillis on Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zeladin

Post by Zeladin »

Just thought I'd post my report on SVN Test Release:07/02/2007 here as well as that thread on the Gp2x board, where this really belongs.

Bs1;
saves are still broken
video at 640x480 is still slow/ suffering from sync issues
Could not exit cleanly (black screen, Gmenu was disabled)

I tested Feeble Files, and didn't find any major bugs/differences.

After that I was going to try some more games, I ran into trouble. Scummvm stopped recognising the file structure, I was testing on a 2gb card. Possibly it was just something got corrupted, it worked again when I deleted Scummvm and re-copied it. I was going to test BS 2, Monkey island, Simon the sorceror 2, and Fotaq, but I got distracted by real life. I'll do some testing now, seeing as how its in my head. Also I don't think I have any of those new games that have been added, so I can't really test them.

Wasn't there some work done on the kyrandia engine? I'll test that too.. sound used to be broken..

Btw I played Monkey Island through, on the gp2x... So yes, if you are a patient person, it is playable.

Edit; BS2 is working, with saves, sound and usual scaling stuff. I haven't tested dxa video support as it turns out I haven't encoded the video yet. The sound plays back fine though. I played just the start and got out to the hallway area. So no bugs until that point at least. Also, it doesn't exit to windows, but it can successfully drop you back to the main Gp2x menu.

Kyrandia is working better than before with sound (I don't know about the voices mind you). Also you have to redownload kyra.dat, its changed, which I had a moment of frustration with, nut that's not a bug. Saves are working and so is exit.

Curse of Monkey Island; Saves work, seems slower in the first scene with wally, video seemed choppier too but it was in sync (I seem to remember some compression cuts down on the fps a bit, not certain though it was a while a go now), exit was fine, as was sound. Nice new feature of having a screen shot for the load/save screen. Now for Simon and Fotaq...

SimonII is still working, it seems, though you still can't exit cleanly.

Fotaq seems okay, saves etc, though It think the music is dodgy/broken, otherwise the sound is fine.
StarG

Post by StarG »

I have been lurking here for quite some while and as i found a reason to register i just wanted to quote the results of a quick test with the svn 0.10 build i tried out.

* tried PoliceQuest I - works but no keyboard input (djwillis told me that a new iconic input system will help to cope this in the future)

* tried Touché (demo) .. works like a charm but font is hardly readable (scaling problems)

* tried FutureWars (oh well... the password protection is a major pain in the *$$ ) but then it works well.. uhm... erm... apart... of that little missing disc menu / game menu... there is none !! so eighter to complete the game with the one live you got and whiel the batteries live - this surely increases the difficulty level some notches upto the "sadistic" level :)
Last edited by StarG on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Hm, is FutureQuest some sort of fan-made AGI game? For I don't see it on our list of supported games at all.
Or maybe you meant Future Wars?
StarG

Post by StarG »

My fault. It was meant to be Futurewars of course.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

StarG wrote: * tried FutureWars (oh well... the password protection is a major pain in the *$$ ) but then it works well.. uhm... erm... apart... of that little missing disc menu / game menu... there is none !! so eighter to complete the game with the one live you got and whiel the batteries live - this surely increases the difficulty level some notches upto the "sadistic" level :)
Strange. Saving/restoring games worked for me last time I tried it.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

fingolfin wrote:Hm, is FutureQuest some sort of fan-made AGI game? For I don't see it on our list of supported games at all.
Or maybe you meant Future Wars?
Well, I think he made it quite clear that it was Future Wars even before he changed it:
StarG wrote:the password protection is a major pain in the *$$
:)
emphyrio

Post by emphyrio »

SVN: 07-02
It no longer crashes at

DOTT: the human contest/ cleaning the carriage
Sam&Max: the ball of string

Still some strange behaviour, from what I can see it's attempting to move the camera between areas, but only a small strip at the edge of the screen moves. But it's no longer a showstopper.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

emphyrio wrote:SVN: 07-02
It no longer crashes at

DOTT: the human contest/ cleaning the carriage
Sam&Max: the ball of string

Still some strange behaviour, from what I can see it's attempting to move the camera between areas, but only a small strip at the edge of the screen moves. But it's no longer a showstopper.
Yep, the fix is a bit (a lot) of a hack ;). On the TODO list but ScummVM has come lower then I would like on my priority list the last few weeks :(.
gwood1234

Post by gwood1234 »

Just wanted to say a huge thank you for the latest build.. I was heartbroken only this morning whilst trying to complete Day Of The Tentacle on the train, when the human contest section crashed every time!! Thankfully the new build fixes this, just in time for me to pick up where I left off!

Thanks again and I will be making a donation for your efforts. Keep up the good work!

Kind regards
G
gwood1234

SVN: SCUMM Bug in 0.10.0 SVN – 15/06/07

Post by gwood1234 »

Just noticed that on DOTT the subtitle speed goes bonkers when you press A to skip them. It seems to fix itself if you go into the options menu and then resume play as they go back to normal speed but as soon as you press A they flick through really fast again.

Regards
Gareth
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: SVN: SCUMM Bug in 0.10.0 SVN – 15/06/07

Post by DJWillis »

gwood1234 wrote:Just noticed that on DOTT the subtitle speed goes bonkers when you press A to skip them. It seems to fix itself if you go into the options menu and then resume play as they go back to normal speed but as soon as you press A they flick through really fast again.

Regards
Gareth
Hmmm, that does not sound good, I will give that a try and see if I can replicate it. Thanks for the feedback.

John