I dont mean to be dumb, but..

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

studio.deals

I dont mean to be dumb, but..

Post by studio.deals »

Hi all,

I've returned to this forum after some 2 years after greatly enjoying SCUMM on my arthritic SPV E100.

I now have an SPV m3100 (aka Hermes 100?) (Pocket PC on WM5). Dave's latest Manual above states that PocketScumm, being built on the CE port is compatible only with ARM processors.

My SPV sports the 400mhz Samsung which is not of the ARM family, yet there are people on modaco, talking about using scumm on their handset.

I've searched and searched - am I missing something? PocketScumm IS the PocketPC port, right?

Thanks in advance,
Morganoure

Post by Morganoure »

Are you sure the Hermes doesn't have an ARM? There are a lot of ARM processors, even Intel XScale is imho based on ARM. Imho the SC32442A is ARM-compatible as well.

And yes, PocketScumm works fine on the Hermes. Just don't slide out the keyboard while playing, that was a problem once (not sure if still).
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

PocketScumm used to be the name of the PocketPC port of ScummVM, but that name is now deprecated. Simply get & use "ScummVM for Windows CE" from our downloads page :)
studio.deals

Post by studio.deals »

Hi guys, many thanks for your answers.

Morganoure - I saw on Wiki that XScale was part of that family, I didnt see a reference to Samsung but from what you say it probably is.

Fingolfin - thanks. Is it therefore not necessary to follow the instructions in Dave's sticky to optimise the CE port? I noticed it was updated January 07 but dont know if this applied to the whole document.

I got the CE package and it loads up, although I cant play a game yet as I only have BASS and I need a card for that to fit on. Flipping the screen messes the UI/pointer up as you said; I take it this means landscape is not, as I hoped, possible? :-(