Searching for Goblins 3 CD

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

exofreeze
Banned

Searching for Goblins 3 CD

Post by exofreeze »

I was screwing around with Goblins 3 earlier when it struck me how bad the midi in my disk version soudned comapred to my CD copies of Gobliiins and Gobliins 2. So I dearch a bit and found there was actually a Goblins 3 CD version released.

A search on ebay turned up nothing, and so far I have only found a reference to buying it from some wierd guys aol homepage in Indiana.

I didn't realize it was that rare. Anyone got any suggestions on where to search for this? Thanks!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

It's not that rare in Europe. Multilanguage version is more common.

Eugene
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

sev wrote:It's not that rare in Europe. Multilanguage version is more common.

Eugene
Well, thats good to know... unfortunately it always costs an arm and a leg to ship anything from over there. I'm really surprised that there aren't any instances of goblins 3 on ebay - all i found was a disk copy in a sellers store, which I already have.
Koyder

Post by Koyder »

Any luck finding the CD version of the game? I'd also love to be able to play it, as I absolutely adore the "Goblins" series.
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

Koyder wrote:Any luck finding the CD version of the game? I'd also love to be able to play it, as I absolutely adore the "Goblins" series.
Yep - bought a copy off eBay from France. Took a while to ship, but it works great. Just make sure it's the multilanguage version.

Its kinda cool having 'Goblins 3' on the case and not 'Goblin's Quest 3'
horror

Post by horror »

bah i have the cd version somewhere.
but don't feel for digging in the basement yet :P
MusicallyInspired

Post by MusicallyInspired »

I have 3 versions. The orignial Coktel disk version, Sierra's Disk version (named Goblins Quest 3), and the Coktel CD version. I actually prefer the adlib soundtrack (it's not really MIDI) to the CD-audio. They have completely different soundtracks. Same goes for Goblins 2 actually, the CD version soundtrack of which is exactly the same as the Goblins 1 CD soundtrack.