Problem with ScummVM and palm TX

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

fvargas83

Problem with ScummVM and palm TX

Post by fvargas83 »

Hi,
I´ve installed ScummVM version 9.0 with the skin. The scummVM.engine is installed in the directory /Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Mods/ and the Monkey Island game is in /Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Games/Monkey. When I try tu run it, a message shows: ScummVM engine file was not found! Please check that all required files are installed on your card, and yo have enough free storage memory.
I´m using a SD of 2gb. What I´m doing wrong or what I need to do?
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

you may want to make sure your card is selected by tapping the card icon on the top right of the frontend then selecting the name of your card.

hope this helps
fvargas83

Post by fvargas83 »

Thank You,
The card is selected and I still have that problem.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

please post what info you have in your 'add game' screen. For example...

Entry Name:
Path:
Game:
Engine:

Also when you synced the skin.pdb did you make sure to sync it to your devices internal memory?

If this doesnt work still, press start with no game selected (de-select by tapping the entry againthen choose youre engine. this should bring you to direct mode which is basically the same as a desktop version of scummvm. The front-end can provide more options though so its generally better to use it for your games.

P.S.While i fully understand your eagerness to get ScummVM running it is not really nessisary to contact me via pm about this thread. I am not a developer or porter, nor am i a team member. I am just a fellow user (for now :wink: ) who has made contributions to documentation. As such i really dont know much about the technical end of the palmOS port and am pretty much useless when it comes to bugs and such. Generally i just try to help as much as possible. Dont get me wrong im not complaining, in fact quite the opposite, im flattered :)

P.P.S. Just to let you know, if i was a team member, contacting me via PM about a forum thread would actually be against the forum rules. I actually made that mistake once by accident so i thought id let you know
fvargas83

Post by fvargas83 »

Entry name: Monkey Island
Path: monkey\
Game: Monkey
Engine Scumm Games

The skin is in the internal memory.
With the other way you told me I get the same message. Maybe I´d downloaded a version of scummVM that doesnt work.
fvargas83

Post by fvargas83 »

It finally work. I reinstalled everything and work. Thank you.
Sorry for the pm
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

no worries :D Im glad that you got it working.
Have fun with handheld monkey island :D