Supercard Lite Rumble issues?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Mister False Name

Supercard Lite Rumble issues?

Post by Mister False Name »

Let me begin by saying how splendid this project it. It really is a marvel to see and hear a talkie point and click adventure running on the DS Lite's bright little screens. :)

Secondly I don't think this problem has been answered in the FAQ or forum... I did try searching and found nothing so if it has then please accept my sincerest appologies.

Now, onto the problem. I have the Supercard Lite Rumble and have had mixed success running Scummvm. I first tried Sam And Max and Beneath a Steel Sky which both seemed to save, but then really didn't. Now as I'm using the SC Lite Rumble, it has no GBA memory meaning I can't use the forcesave work around.

Boohoo, you might say - it doesn't look like its going to work. BUT... I patched the scummvma.nds and scummvmb.nds files with the supercard moonshell patcher and suddenly the B version works fine. Indeed, I've just completed Beneath a Steel Sky on it for the second time with multiple saves. Unfortunately, the same patch just makes the A version crash with two black screens when saving in both Sam and Max and Indiana Jones.

Is there any reason why these two versions should be so intrinsically different that one crashes and one works okay with the same fix applied? Am I just screwed and unable to use Lucusarts ones or is there a known workaround?

Many thanks for your time and patience.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The website does say you need to use the Moonshell patcher with the sc Lite. As for your other saving problem with build A, it is likely this will be fixed in the bugfix version which will be released soon.
[Punkass]Fender

Post by [Punkass]Fender »

I have a supercard lite rumble myself too

This solution seems to work fine overhere:

- I downloaded ScummVm 0.9.1 a beta2 with DLDI support
- I patched version A (nds version) with the moonshell patcher
- Then I patched the same file again, but this time the dldi-patch. I used the http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/do ... /scsd.dldi for dldi-patch (so not the SuperCard Lite version, since this one wasnt working 100% for me)

thats it
(the stable version wasnt saving either overhere)

-fender-
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The Moonshell patcher doesn't apply to the DLDI version, you don't need to use it. Even on beta1, it didn't apply to the Rumble version.