Talkie Games not Working

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Coop

Talkie Games not Working

Post by Coop »

I got BASS working but I've tried Sam and Max and Indiana jones(Speech was monster.sog) and can not get them to work. I'm merely just taking the original CD and pasting it onto my SD card. Size isn't an issue so I dont need to compress them. any help would be appreciated.

Btw, is wav the only audio format I can convert OGG files into?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Talkie Games not Working

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Coop wrote:I got BASS working but I've tried Sam and Max and Indiana jones(Speech was monster.sog) and can not get them to work. I'm merely just taking the original CD and pasting it onto my SD card. Size isn't an issue so I dont need to compress them. any help would be appreciated.
If size isn't an issue, have you tried the original monster.sou files?
Badablek

Re: Talkie Games not Working

Post by Badablek »

Coop wrote:I got BASS working but I've tried Sam and Max and Indiana jones(Speech was monster.sog) and can not get them to work. I'm merely just taking the original CD and pasting it onto my SD card. Size isn't an issue so I dont need to compress them. any help would be appreciated.

Btw, is wav the only audio format I can convert OGG files into?
Hi,

You just have to read the ScummVMDS FAQ :wink: : http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#mp3

"ScummVM supports playing back speech for talkie games in MP3 format"

You can use monster.sou (uncompressed) or monster.so3 (mp3). .sog (ogg) can't be used.
monster.sou works much better than monster.so3 (it can slow down games, like in DOTT for example).
Coop

Post by Coop »

I dont see one for Indiana Jones FOA..all I have is a monster.sog
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Then quite obviously you have downloaded / copied the game somewhere. We don't support warez in anyway.

Just go and buy the game, it's not that expensive!
Coop

Post by Coop »

Uh yeah I do have the original games. I bought the The LucasArts Archives Vol. I - III. but thanks for thinking so highly of me :roll:
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Coop wrote:I dont see one for Indiana Jones FOA..all I have is a monster.sog

Uh yeah I do have the original games. I bought the The LucasArts Archives Vol. I - III. but thanks for thinking so highly of me :roll:
Do not try to fool the developers. SOG file can not come on original CDs. No way. Null. Zip. Only program which can create it is convert_scumm_sou from ScummVM tools package.

Eugene
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Coop wrote:Uh yeah I do have the original games. I bought the The LucasArts Archives Vol. I - III. but thanks for thinking so highly of me :roll:
I thought Ogg Vorbis didn't even exist back when these collections were released. Are you sure there isn't a monster.sou file anywhere on the CDs? (The installer probably only copies the much smaller data files to the hard disk, so looking among the installed files won't help.)
Gleaves

Post by Gleaves »

I am having difficulty as well. SCUMMVM says it cannot find games in the folder I point it to.

I have the MAC versions off of a CD, so I put 'DOTT Data' and 'Indiana Jones FOA Data' in two separate folders (on my sd card which runs through M3 Simply). When I point SCUMM to the folder it says that it cannot find anything.

I searched around for problems with MAC versions of these games, but couln't find anyhting. BASS runs fine and they seem to work fine on my PC. Thanks for any help you can give.