daily builds ?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sugarcube

daily builds ?

Post by sugarcube »

are daily builds created for scummvm port ?
last build i found is 0.9.1

i would like to try some HE games for which updates have been made yesterday ? they are now in the main builds.
Zeladin

Post by Zeladin »

There aren't daily builds of the GP2x port, if that's what you're asking. However both windows and linux builds are available...
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Re: daily builds ?

Post by DJWillis »

sugarcube wrote:are daily builds created for scummvm port ?

i would like to try some HE games for which updates have been made yesterday ? they are now in the main builds.
GP2X builds are done ad-hoc (as the build is a manual process) and they are released on my site however the port is currently broken in SVN. Once I get the time to fix that up I will do a test release with the new engines and fixes in it.

I guess I could get daily builds going if I put my mind to it but it is not high on my list.
sugarcube

Post by sugarcube »

thanks for the info. i was thinking of trying to build myself from SVN, this saves me the trouble. anyway it did not seem straigthforward to make the build on a windows platform.
DJWillis wrote:
sugarcube wrote:are daily builds created for scummvm port ?

GP2X builds are done ad-hoc (as the build is a manual process) and they are released on my site however the port is currently broken in SVN. Once I get the time to fix that up I will do a test release with the new engines and fixes in it.

I guess I could get daily builds going if I put my mind to it but it is not high on my list.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

sugarcube wrote:thanks for the info. i was thinking of trying to build myself from SVN, this saves me the trouble. anyway it did not seem straigthforward to make the build on a windows platform.
Hiya,

Unless you build your own patched tool-chain on Windows there is no way to build a working GP2X build on Windows at the moment due to the Pragma Pack bugs in GCC 4 (and DevKitGP2X/Open2x Windows chains). You will get random crashes and other graphics problems as struts are not aligned propperly in the compiler.

Unrelated to ScummVM as such but I have put the Pragma Pack patch forward for a new release of DevKitGP2X and I have committed it to my own Open2x build scripts (the CygWin/*NIX based ones).

If you are interested in building from SVN I could make a Windows chain available when I get it working myself on Windows. You will need the latest SDL from Open2x SVN also built to make ScummVM and a number of the supporting patched libs that again can be found in Open2x’s SVN.

John
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

I have just done a build from today’s SVN (mainly for sugarcube ;))

It is totally untested (other the loading the menu) and being an untested build I would rather it not be reported as a new (or test) release on sites.

You can find it here.

If it looks good I will clean things up and commit some updates to the port and do a proper test release in the next few days with AGI and Touche in it (once I fix up some AGI input issues).

John
sugarcube

Post by sugarcube »

Thanks - i do appreciate it.

So i just did a quick test - yes it appears to work.
both new games that were added appear to work (both HE games). They load and the first few scenes also work.

I did not test completely through though.

In case you need feedback on HE games, these work very nicely on GP2X. I did a basic test (first few scenes) of 4 or 5 of these now.
The screen resolution is a bit low - but certainly enough to play.
The mouse emulation with joystick is a little less convenient then a real mouse, but I must say it is very well implemented. I will see if my son has trouble with it, but i guess not.

I did not go completely through the games though, my son will probably as soon as he gets these games as a "present".

on a side note - do you know whether the save games are "portable" - i.e. saved games from the original game on the PC, can they be loaded under scummvm, and under GP2X ?
this is something else i could test without having to play the entire game.
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

sugarcube wrote:on a side note - do you know whether the save games are "portable" - i.e. saved games from the original game on the PC, can they be loaded under scummvm, and under GP2X ?
this is something else i could test without having to play the entire game.
These SVN style builds will as a rule have saves that 'should' work in newer SVN builds from that date forward (On both the GP2X and 'full' ScummVM) but that is not a 100% promise.

The saves from GP2X SVN (i.e. 0.10.0) based code build will not work in the official 0.9.1 release or the upcoming 0.9.1a release (just fixes to 0.9.1 for some embarrassing bugs I let slip in :().

Saves from older builds like 0.9.1 can be upgraded to the newer SVN builds but it is one way.

Note: Saves for the GP2X port always go in the ./SAVES folder under the root of ScummVM if you want to pull them off or add them to your SD.