Pricing of card readers

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Metroid2005

Pricing of card readers

Post by Metroid2005 »

Right now, I'm really interested in getting some ScummVM on my Ds. It will be awesome getting all those old lucas arts games I want to play so much on my Ds, not having played them on PC before, and not currently wanting too after seeing this. Now, I have been looking for pricing on the card readers that actually allow you to play the games on your DS, and so far, i'm interested in the NinjaDS and a few others. But, I can't find a price anywhere for any model, except for one website that holds most for around $80 to $110 dollars, which is ridiculously insane for a flash cart, in my opinion.

So, hers my question:
What is the pricing for NinjaDS, and the other flash carts that work perfectly on the Ds with scummVM?

All comments appreciated (Unless they are retarded, and you know if there pointless or not.). Thanks in advance!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

NinjaDS have some retailers listed on their site:
http://www.ninjads.com/order.html
Although I haven't seen it for less than US$80.

As for something good and cheap, I would recommend the GBA Movie Player v2 CF, but the only place I know that sold it was Lik-Sang, and they've just been sued into bankrupcy by Sony. But they were doing it for US$25 if I remember, and it runs ScummVM perfectly. If you can find it somewhere, it would be a good buy.
jefklak

Post by jefklak »

try play-asia, they have the same stuff in stock (or used to) as lik-sang.
Metroid2005

Post by Metroid2005 »

agentq wrote:NinjaDS have some retailers listed on their site:
http://www.ninjads.com/order.html
Although I haven't seen it for less than US$80.

As for something good and cheap, I would recommend the GBA Movie Player v2 CF, but the only place I know that sold it was Lik-Sang, and they've just been sued into bankrupcy by Sony. But they were doing it for US$25 if I remember, and it runs ScummVM perfectly. If you can find it somewhere, it would be a good buy.
And will this work without having to use a passme or other crazy coding thing (Since I recal you saying that with GBA carts you have to do some crazy crap with them to work, I was just wondering.)
Slim

Post by Slim »

well, i recommend: gamersection.ca
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product. ... ProdID=750

Just bought the max media dock for $19. Seems to be the cheapest solution so far.
Metroid2005

Post by Metroid2005 »

That is a great price for a card reader. Thank you so much for directing me to this exoforce!
exofreeze
Banned

Post by exofreeze »

lmao... I think exoforce is a line of legos... hahahaha
Husky

Post by Husky »

M3 Simply DS incl. MicroSD Flash-reader 45€-59€

Works perfect with all i had tested, except ScummVM so far ;)
Hope it works in near future =)

Greetz,
Husky
Planeforger

Post by Planeforger »

Metroid2005 wrote:And will this work without having to use a passme or other crazy coding thing (Since I recal you saying that with GBA carts you have to do some crazy crap with them to work, I was just wondering.)
Sorry for repeating his question, but I'd really like to hear some confirmation as to whether or not a simple GBA movie player will be enough to run this program.
The FAQ suggests that it isn't - and if not, would a GBA MP + a Passme be the cheapest option?

Thanks in advance - and thanks to AgentQ for making me want to play on my DS again!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

A GBA Movie Player will need a PassMe device unless the DS has been flashed.

Find someone to do this for you and then you don't need to buy a PassMe at all.

But, as posted above, the GBAMP is very hard to find.