Noob question

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

HDW

Noob question

Post by HDW »

Hi everyone

I'm running scummvm on my R4 (I have patched it). I put Monkey Island on but scummvm ds seemed to not be able to recognise it. Do I have to change it into .nds format or something? I have .bin and .cue files. It works on scummvm for windows xp with sound.

Thanks for any help.
clem

Re: Noob question

Post by clem »

HDW wrote:I have .bin and .cue files. It works on scummvm for windows xp with sound.
No, the windows version of ScummVM does not work with .bin and .cue files.

clem
HDW

Post by HDW »

Well, it does, considering I've got it to run perfectly on Windows.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I am still pretty sure that clem is right and you are not pointing ScummVM at those .bin and .cue files directly -- maybe you are using a 3rd party tools to mount these files are virtual drives, for example. But ScummVM contains no code to handle .bin/.cue files directly.

Hence, if you think about it for a bit, the logical conclusion is this: To do the same on your Nintendo DS, you would need to get a similar tool for your Nintendo DS.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

To run these games on the DS, you will need to mount these files as a drive, and copy the files off.

I'm not even going to ask where they came from...
Scandal_UK

Post by Scandal_UK »

Probably using virtual drives as mentioned above.

ScummVM for Windows just thinks it's a CD/DVD drive.

It's pretty definite that these files are a *pirated* copy though... You can buy these games if you hunt for them, you know.