Problems to install ScummVM on my lifedrive

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

asabino79

Problems to install ScummVM on my lifedrive

Post by asabino79 »

Hi,

After downloading ScummVM 0.9.1 and installing it to my lifedrive, I can get to the Launcher menu to add games. I try to run a game by hitting Start, then it prompts me to select an engine, I select Scumm games, and then I receive the following error message:

"ScummVM engine file was not found!
Please check that all required files are installed on your card, and you have enough free storage memory."

I installed the frontend.prc and the skin.pdb to hotsync. I also copied the scumm.engine and sky.engine files to Lifedrive\PALM\Programs\ScummVM\Mods.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot!
TAO666

Post by TAO666 »

I have the same problem. There is no way of isntalling scumm.engine on the LifeDrive hard drive. The only way of placing this file on the HD is coping it with LifeDrive Manager. Is it possible to install scumm.engine on LifeDrive main memory and move it later to the folder Applications on the HD? Maybe creating ScummVM folders inside Applications folder....

Well, I tryed to copy scumm.engine to the LifeDrive main memory - using Quick Install - but it is not possible. We can only place scumm.engine on the Expansion Card section...

Finally I made it happen!!!!!!!

At the screen Memory Card, select LifeDrive instead of Hard Drive!
Tba

Post by Tba »

Finally I made it happen!!!!!!!

At the screen Memory Card, select LifeDrive instead of Hard Drive!
What do you mean?? On hotsync screen, the upper part is titled Handheld, and lower one Expansion Card. I can't change either... Where is "at the screen Memory Card"??

Alltogether, I have no idea how to get it to work. I have all the files on the right places, Palm/Program/ScummVM/Games for game files and Palm/Program/ScummVM/Mods with .engine files inside, I downloaded freeware Beneath a Steel Sky, put it in right directory, hotsynced ScummVM-Frontend.prc to my LifeDrive, and when I run it, it opens a screen titled "Select an engine", and a list of games. When I select BaSS or any game, it always reports "Scumm VM engine file not found!" error.

What seems like most puzzling thing is that I can only tap OK od Cancel, there is no other menus, no Memory Card symbol or anything. I rly dont get it.

I tried just copying it to hard drive, Palm/Programs/ScummVM, without installing it into internal memory. Everything is exactly the same.

What is the catch??