Sam & Max bug?

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

trejje

Sam & Max bug?

Post by trejje »

Hi

I´ve been playing Sam & Max with ScummVM a bit and it worked good until i got to the gator golf. As i remember it you where supposed to shoot the golf balls in the water on the side of the aligators, but when i try this nothing happends, and there is no sound when the ball hits the water (there is however a water sound when it hits the sand area :/ ).

Other hit areas like on the aligators, or to drop max in the water works.

Anyone had this bug?

Ive been trying with both 0.8 and 0.9cvs.

Working savegames would do too...

Thanks
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Sam & Max bug?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

trejje wrote:I´ve been playing Sam & Max with ScummVM a bit and it worked good until i got to the gator golf. As i remember it you where supposed to shoot the golf balls in the water on the side of the aligators, but when i try this nothing happends,
You misremember, I'm afraid. The alligators want food, not golf balls.
trejje wrote: and there is no sound when the ball hits the water (there is however a water sound when it hits the sand area :/ ).
I have no idea about this.
trejje

Post by trejje »

Okey. Ill try that. It was many years sense i played this :)
clem

Post by clem »

along with the samnmax "I can't control the spinning restaurant" "bug" this has to be the most reported thing by now

could almost add it to the faq, hehe
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Yesterday, when I went asleep, I thought maybe a seperate Tips&Hints Forum would be great.

So we could post links to good solutions we know, maybe some great strange things to try out in the games or other gameplay related stuff.

Anyone in favour of this idea?
clem

Post by clem »

hmm, wouldn't that get beyond the scope of ScummVM? there are lots help-boards for the games themselves out there already.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

clem wrote:hmm, wouldn't that get beyond the scope of ScummVM? there are lots help-boards for the games themselves out there already.
Another good place to look is the Universal Hint System Web page. Some of the hints are for download only, and thus need a standalone reader, but most of the games I've looked for have had on-line versions of the hints as well.
joachimeberhard
ScummVM Team Member

Post by joachimeberhard »

Yep, I actually meant linking to them.

Then we wouldn't have to search Google results beyond page 45.

And some tips&hints wouldn't be totally wrong, now, would it?