Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis bugs

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Metal_Spirit

Indiana jones and the fate of atlantis bugs

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Well, i already wrote this on the beta 4 thread, but got no reply, so here it goes again.

Since a final release seems to be approaching, i think this might be of interest.

Since the m3 supported versions i´ve been playing some scumm games. For now, I only went deeper in Indiana Jones and the fate of atlantis, wich i finished yesterday. I will play another one next, and will also report any bugs i find.

Anyway, here are the bugs that i found:

Small bugs:

I found some small touched screen area incorrections, specially when accessing the menu. Sometimes i placed my stylus over one object but the command line showed another as beeing selected.
Also in atlantis, on the large beads creating machine, sometimes passing the stylus rapidly over the statues next to the stairs in search of possible areas os interest detected objects that in reality were not there.

Major Bugs:

There are major graphical bugs during the game. Sometimes white areas were shown in the top screen as green (like the doctors robe).
But the worst was found during some scroollers. In Algiers when using the camel to travel, screen changes were accompanied by major graphical corruption (large blue lines moving around the screen). This would take about 2 seconds, after what the screen would display correctly.
This bug showed up again when using the ballon.
It appeared once more inside the german u-boat, but this time with consequences. If in the camel and ballon areas no menu was present, in the sub it was there. And after the corruption the menu was not visible at all. The only way to get it back 100% was by calling the scumm menus, and then returning to the game.
This appeared also inside the labitinth after leaving the u-boat, when using the elevator, in the area with several doors and a lava pit in the middle in wich we were required to discover the correct way (in this area the bug only existed when passing from the last screen back to the first), and on the round labirinth inside atlantis.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Sounds like an issue with the dirty rectangle stuff.

It would be useful if you could find a beta of the Windows version and see if the same bugs happen there. If they do, I know the rest of the ScummVM team would be very interested in knowing.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Where can I find such a beta? I´m willing to try!

Also, what other games use this, so that i can try them?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I'm not sure. Perhaps on the forums? Although I can't find one.
marx2k

Post by marx2k »

I am using 0.9.1 (10/26) build on Ubuntu Linux running Indy & Fate Of Atlantis talkie version. The game freezes on me pretty early, after gaining entry into the temple, once I go to talk to the parrot outside, the game will freeze. I am still able to access ScummVM menus but am no longer able to do anything in the game :/
Loki

Post by Loki »

<I>There are major graphical bugs during the game. Sometimes white areas were shown in the top screen as green (like the doctors robe).</I>

Atlantis is one of the games I played tons when it originally retailed and still one of my favorites.

As far as I can remember though even the final retail build contained some graphical glitching like colour switching at times. It's entirely possible some of the bugs you're getting are inherent to the game itself and not due to its emulation with SCUMMVM. That said I don't remember the corruption bug on scrolling sections so that seems like it could be a problem.

This probably didn't help much but I just thought I'd point it out.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

This is quite an old thread. The graphical bugs Metal_Spirit reported were fixed in v0.9.1a beta1 which you can get here: http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=3087
* Fixed graphical glitches in Scumm games which use a lot of scrolling
And yes, there are colour change issues with a few Scumm games which were present on the original engine. This is probably down to how the fades work.

I'm not sure these would be easy to fix since it would involve a change to the scripts.