Trying to play The Dig on a Palm TX

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Eptin

Trying to play The Dig on a Palm TX

Post by Eptin »

Hello,

I am trying to play The Dig on a Palm TX. Here is what I have done to accomplish that:

- Installed ScummVM correctly (to my knowledge)
- Copied the Dig folder to /Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Games/ on a 512mb card.
- Compressed the audio using an MP3 codec
- Using a trial version of UDMH (only a few days left)
- Using version 0.9.1, which I believe is the latest version
- Audio is disabled for the time being, to ensure more compatibility
- Tried using the card in both FAT32 and FAT file systems (currently is formatted to FAT)

My entry in the regular ScummVM mode is as follows:
Entry name:The Dig
Path:/Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Games/Dig/
Game:dig
Engine:Scumm Games

I have tried two methods of starting the game:
- By adding the game to the menu, selecting it, and starting it. It says "Importing Databases" then restarts.
- By selecting nothing, pressing start, navigating to the Dig folder and then trying to add the game. It says "ScummVM could not find any game in the specified directory".

I know that the game files themselves work because they run on my PC.

What do you think, sirs?
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

unfortuneately, as far as i know( as my e2 is still un-hotsync-able), the dig is not supported on the PalmOS port. From what i understand the intro wil play to a certan point but the game freezes up once gameplay starts.I think there is a similar problem with full throttle which prevents support.

I may be wrong as i havent been abe to try a new release in a while, but i try to keep up to date on crilith's changelog.
Eptin

Post by Eptin »

That's quite disappointing to hear. If I had any say in the matter, I would vote to put it on the fast-track to compatibility, as it is my personal favorite amongst the ScummVM games.

However, I would still like to try getting to the intro video at least. From the sound of it, it seems that various Palms each handle ScummVM differently, and [there's a chance that] the Palm TX may fare better than previous models?
Reilly

Post by Reilly »

The problem is, that the Dig is a 640x480 game, and scummvm for palm does not support downrendering, yet. :(
clem

Post by clem »

Reilly wrote:The problem is, that the Dig is a 640x480 game, and scummvm for palm does not support downrendering, yet. :(
The Dig is a standard VGA 320x200 game.
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

This game, like Full Throttle and HE games arenot supported. They simply crash and can't debug them sorry :(