Help w/ Secret of MI on Mac (CD version)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Toad64

Help w/ Secret of MI on Mac (CD version)

Post by Toad64 »

So I've been throwing all my old Lucasarts games onto my Mac's hard drive for ScummVM. But when it comes to the Secret of Monkey Island, the Mac can't seem to find the files. It's the CD-Rom version of the game, with enhanced audio. If I pop the disc in, the Mac treats it like it's an Audio CD, with only the music tracks listed, but non of the game files.

If anybody has a solution to this (and knows if it's possible to also take the CD audio files and put them somewhere so I can play the game with audio without the CD in), I'd be very appreciative.
clem

Post by clem »

there's no reason why this shouldn't be possible, I'm not a mac person though so I can't help much

I think someone once mentioned you should get 2 CD icons - one for the audio tracks, one for the data track

any program to convert those audio tracks to mp3/ogg/flac should do to save the audio elsewhere, does itunes support that?

clem
Toad64

Post by Toad64 »

Yeah, when I put in Sam and Max, I got two folders, one with the game files, and one with the audio soundtrack. However with this one it just shows the audio tracks, another folder doesn't show up! Quite weird.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Two cd icons should appear. One is the data and one is the music.

You can just use iTunes to rip the music if you want to compress it to mp3.
Nagra

Had exactly the same problem and found a solution

Post by Nagra »

Hi,

got a MAC myself and had exactly the same problem with the PC-version of MI1 (enhanced).
Klick on the link and scroll down to my last post. The solution is there.
But to solve the problem you will have to boot into OS 9 or classic at least.

Nagra

my solution (classic is needed):
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

and another one (OSX):
http://forums.osxfaq.com/viewtopic.php? ... 1f31d03b1b