no sound for secret of mi on mac os x

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

macgeek21

no sound for secret of mi on mac os x

Post by macgeek21 »

i am running the dos version of secret of mi on my mac os x 10.4.8 with scummvm 0.9.1. for some reason there is no sound in the game i have a cd version that has mi 1,2 and a demo of 3. all of the required sound files are there but still it is not working. any ideas? however the subtitles do work.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

MI1 uses CD-audio music, which you need to rip to your hard drive as MP3 or OGG files in order to get music. You can use iTunes to do that. Search through the forum and read the README, it's all there
macgeek21

Post by macgeek21 »

md5 wrote:MI1 uses CD-audio music, which you need to rip to your hard drive as MP3 or OGG files in order to get music. You can use iTunes to do that. Search through the forum and read the README, it's all there
thanks. i also see that mi 2 does the same thing do i also have to rip the audio for that as well?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

No, MI2 doesn't need the cd audio files.

And, you could also rip to FLAC if you're not using the Intel Mac OS X 0.9.1. build.
macgeek21

Post by macgeek21 »

clone2727 wrote:No, MI2 doesn't need the cd audio files.

And, you could also rip to FLAC if you're not using the Intel Mac OS X 0.9.1. build.
im using intel so can't use flac it does run in emulation but i tried just running the program and it was dog slow. i don't have sound in mi 2 so does anyone know what could be the issue? i did check out the read file for scummvm and did not see any mention of mi 1 or 2 but i am redownloading the directory for scummvm 0.9.1 as i didn't save it i just copied over the file and then deleted it so im guessing theres some docs im missing.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

What is your sound configuration in ScummVM? (Options/Audio and Options/MIDI)
macgeek21

Post by macgeek21 »

md5 wrote:What is your sound configuration in ScummVM? (Options/Audio and Options/MIDI)
im really stupid *shots self in foot* i should really check out the options before wasting everyones time in the forum. i didn't select a midi encoder so of course theres no sound. im sorry for wasting everyones time you can ban me if you want to ;-)
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

That's ok :P happens to everyone. Glad it's working for you :)