AGI fanmade games (download link inside)

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sev
ScummVM Lead

AGI fanmade games (download link inside)

Post by sev »

Hi all,

I just uploaded my collection of AGI fanmade games. There are just 188 of them, and AGI detector knows about all of them. However, there are several misses, so, if you will encounter some version ScummVM cannot detect, please, drop me a note. List of misses you may find in accompanying file List.txt (all files with space before them, not 'x', or '-', or whatever).

The download link is here. Unfortunately I had to use RapidShare. So if somebody has means of hosting them at some more convenient place, please, drop me a note as well.

Our Wiki editor, clone2727 will approach you with some request about these games, so keep them handy.

Eugene
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

I'd be happy to host the file. Trouble is RapidShare is stupid and I can't get it...
clone2727
Retired

Re: AGI fanmade games (download link inside)

Post by clone2727 »

sev wrote:The download link is here. Unfortunately I had to use RapidShare.
You could also try here.
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

404'd!

Not Found
The requested URL /getfile/19094629070780111683746741791620290351801168105939123/agi-fanmade.tar.bz2 was not found on this server. Quoth the server
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

Mirror for the download is here. It can stay there as long as you like and I'll refresh the file as required!
fac

Re: AGI fanmade games (download link inside)

Post by fac »

sev wrote:Hi all,

I just uploaded my collection of AGI fanmade games. There are just 188 of them, and AGI detector knows about all of them.

Eugene
188 :shock:

I think now we need a directory structure in scummvm (already discussed here). Maybe with two lists in the main window. One to let us choose the engine, other for the game.

An option to add all know games in all subdirectories is also welcome.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

However, I forgot to mention that I am going to improve detection routines which will affect mainly AGI engine. Currently games will be detected with somewhat inconvenient "Sierra AGI Engine (English/DOS/Caitlyn's Destiny (demo))". Please, do not report this. It will be fixed.

Eugene
Adventureguy

Post by Adventureguy »

I hope detection gets better. For example, I just wondered when I tried to run a few fanmade games if ScummVM is detecting all AGI games by their md5. I tried to run the template game from AGI Studio and it's not working. So I suppose if anyone develops a game with AGI Studio and want it to run in ScummVM, he has to report it to the developers first. And then when this creator does some bugfixes in his game the md5 is again different, he has to report it, and so on. I don't know how many people still create AGI games, but you have to add some md5 every once in a while when a demo/game/new version of a game is done.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Adventureguy wrote:I suppose if anyone develops a game with AGI Studio and want it to run in ScummVM, he has to report it to the developers first.
No, this will definitely be fixed. We will use fallback detection based on file names.

Eugene
Eilhan

Post by Eilhan »

Amazing piece of work there, sev, on getting all those fan-made games together. Quite a few that I was missing in my collection, I'm looking forward to trying them out :)

-Eilhan
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Great work indeed, thanks for getting them all together and adding them to the detection engine! :)
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

Here we go, fresh new download link.
another world

Post by another world »

anyone still have this collection floating around that they could upload again?

cheers,
-another world
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

This one should be pretty updated.
Freddo

Post by Freddo »

I put up a mirror here for anyone who cares. It should be able to stay there years to come.