Isaac_A_Steiner

Confused with language options

Post by Isaac_A_Steiner »

Hi there,
in your readme you state the following
5.2) Language options:
---- -----------------
ScummVM includes a language option for Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, The Dig,
Curse of Monkey Island, Beneath a Steel Sky, and Simon the Sorcerer 1 & 2.
Now, I'm a little confused. Does this mean, that these are the supported languages, or that I can change the languages using scummvm?

I know it works with BASS (since ALL languages are included), but I can't get it working with scummvm.

Am I as dumb as I'm blonde?

regards,
Isaac
sev
ScummVM Lead

Re: Confused with language options

Post by sev »

Isaac_A_Steiner wrote:Now, I'm a little confused. Does this mean, that these are the supported languages, or that I can change the languages using scummvm?

I know it works with BASS (since ALL languages are included), but I can't get it working with scummvm.
ScummVM runs original game data, i.e. it is just a substitute of original executable. If game data contained several languages like BASS, then language option in configuration switches it, otherwise it just gives hints to ScummVM about language of data files. I.e. it may use different font, hardcoded verbs if applicable etc. You will need to buy different language version of the game.

Eugene
Dark-Star

Re: Confused with language options

Post by Dark-Star »

Isaac_A_Steiner wrote: Now, I'm a little confused. Does this mean, that these are the supported languages, or that I can change the languages using scummvm?
For some games you have to tell ScummVM in what language your game is. This is needed for example for special characters (like Ä Ö Ü in German) to show up correctly.

--Darkstar