Help. I can't get CoMI to run

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

paulyboy73

Help. I can't get CoMI to run

Post by paulyboy73 »

I found my old copy of CoMI. I downloaded SCUMMVM. Basically I've copied everything into a folder on my desktop called Monkey4. I scroll thorugh the directories until I find the desktop and there's the folder except VM can't find the game. Inside the folder, there are 2 folders called Monkey4 and Install. I would like to get this to run but am hopeless. :(
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Help. I can't get CoMI to run

Post by eriktorbjorn »

paulyboy73 wrote:I found my old copy of CoMI. I downloaded SCUMMVM. Basically I've copied everything into a folder on my desktop called Monkey4. I scroll thorugh the directories until I find the desktop and there's the folder except VM can't find the game. Inside the folder, there are 2 folders called Monkey4 and Install. I would like to get this to run but am hopeless. :(
Monkey4? The Curse of Monkey Island is the third Monkey Island game. The fourth is Escape From Monkey Island, and is not supported by ScummVM. (Different game engine, 3D models instead of bitmapped graphics, etc.)
paulyboy73

Post by paulyboy73 »

Thanks. Yes you are right it is Escape from Monkey Island. Thank you ever so much for the speedy reply.
Muyfa666

Post by Muyfa666 »

There is a custom launcher that somewhat makes EFMI run a little bit better, you could try that one.

http://quick.mixnmojo.com/
paulyboy73

Post by paulyboy73 »

Hi there. I tried installing it and XP came up with some longwinded message. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application. Basically there was a file missing. I inserted the file by copying it from elsewhere and it installed. Now it just won't run. I get a black screen and then it goes back to desktop. I really want to run it.
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

To get this game to run on Xp you will want to use the Compatibility modes

I previously described how this is done in this thread

Usually i am more than happy to re-type all the directions when this comes up(heck, its a way i can help out,even if it isnt really ScummVM related), but today im in a bit of a crunch to get to a doctors appt.

Anyways, i hope this helps