0.9.1 preview 2 released - feedback thread.

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's GP2X, GP2X Wiz and Caanoo ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

0.9.1 preview 2 released - feedback thread.

Post by DJWillis »

Information and a download can be found here.

Feedback would be really apprecated.
darkgamer

Post by darkgamer »

Only bug I've had so far is Sam & Max crash at the ball of twine. Every time they take the trolley to the top. Max yes look at that, the scene cuts to a loss strand in the giant ball and then it just quits back to main screen of gp2x.
darkgamer

Post by darkgamer »

Day of the Tentacle

Crashes back to GP2X main menu when you wash carriage with Hoagie in the past. After Hoagie goes dum-de-dum(something like that), it cuts out at the same part every time.
Devo

Post by Devo »

Monkey Island 2

Crashed back to GP2X main menu when the screen scrolls downwards. I've seen at happen twice now:

1) Going to the cliff edge on Booty Island
2) Diving down towards the Mad Monkey wreck
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Devo wrote:Monkey Island 2

Crashed back to GP2X main menu when the screen scrolls downwards. I've seen at happen twice now:

1) Going to the cliff edge on Booty Island
2) Diving down towards the Mad Monkey wreck
Any chance you can raise a bug-tracker with a save attached or post a save up somewhere I can take a look at?

Thanks,

John
Devo

Post by Devo »

DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Thanks,

I have popped a comment on there and will update when I get a fix. The idea of a 0.9.1a release to fix this is not a bad one as this bug seems to manifest itself in several spots.

John
Aokubidaikon

Post by Aokubidaikon »

Great job! Tried a couple of games and everything works great!
I'm really looking forward to playing some of my old favorites on the GP2X!

A minor niggle:

In Broken Sword and Curse of Monkey Island the text is too small to read (this goes for the menus as well).
Maybe this can be solved by having a larger font or using a different way for resizing the text (ie. bilinear instead of closest neighbor).
DJWillis
ScummVM Porter

Post by DJWillis »

Aokubidaikon wrote:Great job! Tried a couple of games and everything works great!
I'm really looking forward to playing some of my old favorites on the GP2X!

A minor niggle:

In Broken Sword and Curse of Monkey Island the text is too small to read (this goes for the menus as well).
Maybe this can be solved by having a larger font or using a different way for resizing the text (ie. bilinear instead of closest neighbor).
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I assume you are using the 0.9.1 final release and not this old pre-release so you should have the zoom mode that helps with the >> 320*240 games (zoom and pan rather then rescale). The info is in the readme.

As for using bilinear on the rescale, it's far to slow I am afraid, in order to get things remotely playable I pass the scaling job over to the GP2X hardware and all we can currently get that to do it nearest neighbour :(, there is a filtered mode but nobody has ever got it to work as it should. This is the main reason I don’t really consider BS1/2 or COMI to be games you want to play on the GP2X ;).

John
Aokubidaikon

Post by Aokubidaikon »

Guess I'll have to invest in some nice headphones ^_^

I'm having a blast playing Sam & Max and The Dig back to back. Looking forward to that next long trip with nothing to do!

Keep up the good work!