Question for ScummVM Devs

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Question for ScummVM Devs

Post by PsYcO »

im new to the ScummVM software, its excellent btw... really loving playing some of my old games:)

however, i have a few games that are not supported currently... i have been reading older threads, but none seem to give the answer that im searching for

there are 3 games that i wish to know about
1.Discworld
2.Discworld II
3.Toonstruck

would it be possible to have some infomation about how far along they are to being released, if at all...

Thank You
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

First, read the FAQ: http://www.scummvm.org/faq.php#AEN76

Then, you can find some information about Discworld in the Wiki (this has been discussed several times on this forum as well, though): http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Tinsel

Finally, there are plenty of threads on this forum about Toonstruck (and no, it's not going to be supported in the forseeable future).
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

Thank you for the quick reply...

firstly i was unaware of the FAQ page, and have read it, though i read the sticky regarding asking for new games ect, and it wasn't a request for discworld+toonstruck games i just wanted to know the progress...
i was also unaware of the Wiki entry's, otherwise i wouldn't have posted

yes, i did a bit of browsing seeing if my question was answered, the search function often returns alot of random spam(taught from experience, not this forum however)

while were on the subject, is there a more specific reason why Toonstruck wont be avalible in the future? sorry for this, but as im sure you guys know its x-mas and i dont have alot of time to endlessly search through posts to find the answer

once again, Thank you, sorry, and keep up the good work;)
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

PsYcO wrote:while were on the subject, is there a more specific reason why Toonstruck wont be avalible in the future? sorry for this, but as im sure you guys know its x-mas and i dont have alot of time to endlessly search through posts to find the answer
Because no one is working on the engine. :wink:

It's not an easy process to RE something. Besides, the devs are busy on other stuff (look at the todo page). Perhaps a dev could give a better explanation, though.
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

whats RE?

so your saying if i can find a programmer whiling to take up the task its possible?
regardless if we have permission+source code?
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

PsYcO wrote:whats RE?

so your saying if i can find a programmer whiling to take up the task its possible?
regardless if we have permission+source code?
RE = Reverse Engineering

However, the source code would be helpful. As I said, a dev could explain this a lot better than I could.
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

I was about to write an answer, but then I thought: Why should I...
After all, because it's xmas you are not willing to even *try* to search for the answers first, but you still expect *us* to spend our xmas time writing down the answers. On second thought, I don't find that deal very attractive.

So, let's all spend our valuable xmas time in a different way!
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

not at all, i didn't mean it like that...

though, that said i did a search... couldn't find the answer