Install Problem ScummVM 0.9.1 on Treo 700p

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

mikkle

Install Problem ScummVM 0.9.1 on Treo 700p

Post by mikkle »

Hi,

After downloading ScummVM 0.9.1 and installing it to my 700p, I can get to the Launcher menu to add games. I try to run a game by hitting Start, then it prompts me to select an engine, I select Beneath a Steel Sky, and then I receive the following error message:

"ScummVM engine file was not found!

Please check that all required files are installed on your card, and you have enough free storage memory."

I installed the frontend.prc and the skin.pdb to the built-in memory. I also copied the scumm.engine and sky.engine files to BuiltIn\PALM\Programs\ScummVM\Mods.

Can someone please give me a clue as to what I'm doing wrong? I've already spent close to three hours on this.

Thanks a lot!
Daz_Genetic

Post by Daz_Genetic »

Check your card or other storage for ScummVM related directories.. On my Zodiac, I can't have my engine files on my second card while I have a card in slot 1. It expects the engine files to be on the 1st card instead.

Maybe something like that is going on with any additional memory you have in your device.
MisterNHH

Post by MisterNHH »

I have the same problem on my Treo. Could it be related to the FAT32 file system used on the 700?
leroy3rd

Post by leroy3rd »

I've got beneath a steel sky working perfectly on my 700p (except that the voices don't work...). I did notice that you said you put the mods in your built-in memory, this could be your problem. Try putting the mods on your memory card. :-)

-LeRoy3rd