OGG and SOG help on 700p 0.9.1

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

leroy3rd

OGG and SOG help on 700p 0.9.1

Post by leroy3rd »

I'm using ScummVM version 0.9.1 for Palm OS5, on a Treo 700p. I've noticed that anything I throw at it with the audio uncompressed (HUGE!!!), or compressed in MP3 format (I have pocket tunes deluxe) work great. The problem comes when I try to use compressed audio in OGG or SOG format. In these cases, I get nothing. I've scrubbed the forum voraciously, and read the readme, but have been unable to find any useful information. Is anyone else having similiar issues, or a solution?

Thanks,
LeRoy3rd

P.S. When using OGG, I do have the files named track1.ogg, etc., AND I do change the cd-audio tab to ogg...
leroy3rd

Post by leroy3rd »

While scratching my head in OGG confusion, I decided to recompress my Sam & Max monster.sou file down to an mp3 (monster.so3) just to be sure it worked (hadn't tried that particular game yet). I used the default settings (compress_scumm_sou monster.sou) with no options. When I ran the program with the compressed file, my palm did a soft reset right before "Friends?!? You just want to be friends?!?". Once I was back up from the reset, I tried it again, and it seems to work fine. :D Still curious why mp3 and uncompressed files work, but ogg files won't. I'm open to any suggestions.

P.S. The ogg versions work great on the windows versio of ScummVM.
leroy3rd

Post by leroy3rd »

Anyone? According to the docs OGG files should have no problem...

-LeRoy3rd
TGChen

Post by TGChen »

Feel free to correct me, but I think that the OGG support needs to be included when compiling SCUMMVM. Does anyone know whether the palm build includes the OGG support ?
leroy3rd

Post by leroy3rd »

Well, there is an option to use OGG in the audio settings... You can specify OGG or MP3. Works great with MP3.

-LeRoy3rd