Indy3 and Indy4 for FM-Towns on eBay!

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ssdsa

Indy3 and Indy4 for FM-Towns on eBay!

Post by ssdsa »

Hi, I'm selling these fine leather jackets!

No, just kidding! I'm selling "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (Indy3) and "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" (Indy4) for FM-Towns on eBay. Go ahead, buy them! :)

As you certainly know, you can play these games on any modern Windows PC (or, if you want to, on Linux or on an Apple computer) best by using ScummVM!

Both items are ultra rare collector's items.

Indy3: The CD-ROM contains two versions of the game: an English and a Japanese version. During the game you hear the soundtrack in CD quality playing directly the CD's audio tracks. This version of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is definitely the one featuring the best soundtrack!

When Lucasfilm Games created Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade the Graphic Adventure for the MS DOS IBM PCs the game featured only 16 color (EGA) graphics and came on a couple of 5,25" or 3,5" disks. The game soundtrack played through the PC's internal beeper or a soundcard capable of MIDI. Then, the game was heavily spiced up for the FM Towns system to feature 256 colors (VGA graphics) and a game soundtrack in CD quality especially recorded for this version. The first platform this game was available for on CD-ROM and with VGA graphics was FM-Towns!

Indy4: The CD-ROM contains two versions of the game: an English and a Japanese version. Talkie version: On top of the great Indiana Jones soundtrack this game also features speech during the whole game! This game for FM-Towns is extremly rare!

Both Indiana Jones adventure games for FM-Towns are a must-have for your Indiana Jones collection! These games are also going to be true gems in your Lucasfilm Games Collection!
ssdsa

Post by ssdsa »

Indy3 and Indy4 for FM-Towns are still for sale, now as "Buy it now or best offer". So go ahead, just make me an offer I can't refuse. :)
Muyfa666

Post by Muyfa666 »

Wow. You are not a stranger to charge blood for them games... ;-)
Reckless

Post by Reckless »

What makes FoA worth $357.96 :shock: Is the FM-TOWNS version better than say for example the PC-CD? I know that people pay extra for rarities but hey that's a lot of extra :o
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

Importing these games from japan is really expensive. Most often you have to go through a third party importer as most places in japan wont ship overseas.In this sense the high price is justified. If you want to blame anyone for the rarity and pricing blame the sellers from japan are unwilling to do international orders.
Every once and a while someone shows up with some for FM-Towns games for sale and im personally really greatfull that they do. The whole process of getting them is very complicated, and im glad that there are a few members of the community that are willing to go through the hassle so others dont have to.
Its for this reason that i am willing to pay the X amount of dollars for a rarity, but maybe im just a rabid LEC collector.
Muyfa666

Post by Muyfa666 »

Hey, no offense fellas. That's not what I meant. I for one, can spend 100's of bucks on things that I want.

As far as I know thou, Indy3 is more "rare" than Indy4 when it comes to FM-Towns, but I may be wrong once again.