Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Dark_Flare

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade help

Post by Dark_Flare »

I don't know if this is a SCUMMvm problem or if I'm just plain stupid, but I can't seem to find the way to see my IQ points on the game. When I runned the game without SCUMMvm all I needed to do was to press F5, and next to the saved games where the IQ points, but with SCUMM this opens a menu where I can save and do other stuff, but I can't see IQ points. The manual says to press the "i" key, but it doesn't work. I tought it might be because of keybord compatibility issues, but when i press other keys, like the shortcuts to the various actions, it works normally. Please, if you know what the problem is or another way to see the IQ points, help me.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

No, there is no way. Just nobody implemented it yet.

Eugene
GUN

Post by GUN »

in Fate of Atlantis .. the IQ Points will be shown .. and counted ;)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

GUN wrote:in Fate of Atlantis .. the IQ Points will be shown .. and counted ;)
So what? In Last Crusade IQ points were shown on original save/load screen which we do not show now.

Eugene
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

sev wrote:No, there is no way. Just nobody implemented it yet.
However, there is some brief discussion about it in the ScummVM patch tracker.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Yep, and I'm looking forward with a hope that some day it will be in CVS ;)

Eugene
Dark_Flare

Post by Dark_Flare »

Thanks for the info. I've been in the site about the patch to get access to the old menus where I can see the IQ, but there is only txt files with information and program code (IFs, ELSEs, etc...). How can I apply it to the game or to the SCUMM itself?
clem

Post by clem »

that's one of those "don't bother if you don't know what it is" things

basically you'd have to:

- download & set up a compiler environment
- download the scummvm source
- download and apply the patch
- compile scummvm

and there's no guarantee that it will work and not break scummvm - if it worked 100% it'd already be included I guess
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Dark_Flare wrote:Thanks for the info. I've been in the site about the patch to get access to the old menus where I can see the IQ, but there is only txt files with information and program code (IFs, ELSEs, etc...). How can I apply it to the game or to the SCUMM itself?
Follow this link and then something like this

Eugene
Dark_Flare

Post by Dark_Flare »

This is kind of strange... The second link is to a page that belongs to the university where I am right now, wich is in Portugal... Is it some kind of mistake? It's about programing, but still... quite a coincidence, no?
By the way, thanks, but I'm quite sure I can't do this... Maybe I'll ask my programing teacher for a tips. I'm in Civil Engeneering, so this ain't quite my area. But still, thanks for the help, I wouldn't had guessed myself.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

@Dark_Flare

sev has psychic abilities

Better be careful ;-)
Dark_Flare

Post by Dark_Flare »

I've got the compiler, the source code and the patch. I'm working the C part (I'm hoping that my teacher can help, I can only program in Octave/Matlab, wich is something that would probably look really primitive to any person with some kind of experience in programing). I just don't know exactly wich file am I going to modify... Or do I have to specify that I want to aply this patch when I'm going to compile SCUMM?
(I know this is going to be troublesome, but I'm not about to quit just yet XD)
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Dark_Flare wrote: Is it some kind of mistake? It's about programing, but still... quite a coincidence, no?.
No and no. You should take that course if you want to understand how patching works with ScummVM code. Or at least read that book ;)

Eugene
Dark_Flare

Post by Dark_Flare »

It's not a coincidence that you directed me to this computer course class, but it is a coincidence that it's in the same university where I'm studying... right? Is it possible to me to go to "Programação II" classes even though I'm not a LEI or LM sudent?
Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

Dark_Flare wrote:It's not a coincidence that you directed me to this computer course class, but it is a coincidence that it's in the same university where I'm studying... right?
Yes.
Dark_Flare wrote:Is it possible to me to go to "Programação II" classes even though I'm not a LEI or LM sudent?
Just ask your professor. In Germany that's usually all it needs. As long as there are enough seats for the "real" students.

BTW: A friend of mine is studying CE, too, and he actually HAD some programming lessons (FORTRAN and stuff)... 8)