Supercard Lite + Broken Sword DS and other

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Tremor

Supercard Lite + Broken Sword DS and other

Post by Tremor »

Hello all! I just discovered this project after recently purchasing a DS Lite and thinking my old point and click classics would be perfect for it. It looks like I've been beaten to it considerably though - a good thing! I'd just like to say thanks for all the ongoing work before asking some questions. Forgive me if I've missed other places where they may have been answered, but I've read a fair bit already.

The Supercard Lite is listed as currently unsupported and other users have complained about it's lack of saving reliability. The Supercard Lite looks like the neatest solution for the DS, providing of course that it becomes fully functional with ScummVM.

What is the likelihood Supercard Lite with micro SD will be fixed with the next (or near future) firmware updates? I will probably buy one if it is likely to be fixed to play the games (Monkey Island, Simon etc)

Secondly, since it's not listed on the main page for ScummVM DS, is Broken Sword playable on the DS Lite?

If I were to get a Supercard Lite, exactly what technology would I need to go with it? (There seem to be many variations and they keep changing).

And finally, I have the original Monkey Islands, Broken Swords and Simons on PC CD; I'm assuming if I ripped those versions they would play?

Thanks for your help ^_^
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

SC Lite has a few issues, yeah. Although there is some more progress on this, I wouldn't rely on it being fixed. Instead, why not buy a card that already works?

The M3 Lite should work perfectly in the next version, so I suggest you get that instead.

Broken Sword will never be playable on the DS because it runs at 640x480 which is too high a resolution to be scaled down to the DS screen.

The PC CD versions of the other games you mentioned will play fine on ScummVM DS.
Tremor

Post by Tremor »

Actually, having just read further and found out about the M3 Lite, I was considering asking. I'll go ahead and get that then ^^. So I'll need that, a passcard and a micro SD, am I right?

It's a shame about Broken Sword. I guess the only way would be if a lower resolution version of broken sword was released? What's your opinion on the chances of that happening?

And what exactly would I need from the other games? I am in a different country so I would need to get the CDs copied and sent, or if you happen to know what files (all of them?) I need I could just have them ripped and burnt to a single CD or something.

Thanks again for your help.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

When I bought my M3, it came with a passcard, so you may not need one, but check before buying.

If you want to play Broken Sword, your best bet is to find a copy of the official GBA version released a few years ago:
http://uk.gamespot.com/gba/adventure/br ... index.html

I'm not sure what you mean by burning CDs of the game. You just need to copy the files from the CDs to your SD card, and then within ScummVM DS you need to select the folder you saved them in. I suggest you read the website a bit.
Tremor

Post by Tremor »

There's a GBA version? First I've heard of it, thanks.

I wasn't entirely sure what files I needed from the CDs. Since I do not currently have them with me, it would have been easiest to have them copied and sent to me to extract the files myself, rather than rely on my relatives to do it.

May I ask what store you purchased your M3 Lite from?

I found this store which looks fairly good. Has anybody ordered from them before?

http://212.75.85.205/default.asp?

I'll check the card isn't included when I buy. Thanks.