Simon the Sorcerer 2 (talkie): Speech + subtitle woes

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

CatBoris

Simon the Sorcerer 2 (talkie): Speech + subtitle woes

Post by CatBoris »

Right, I'm pretty sure I've gone through all the threads here, without finding a similar case, so here's my particular problem:

The installation of the game went just fine, and I was delighted to find out, that when I activated the subtitle mode, that the speech was still active. This was immensely cool, since I could now get the proverbial cake, and eat it too. Many thanks, dev team.

However, when the various characters engaged in their lengthier speeches, they would sometimes get cut off in mid-sentence, because the subtitles (speech also) for another character would fire before they finished.

Now, this isn't much of a show-stopper, since I can easily read all the dialogue before it gets cut off, but it does detract a bit from the atmosphere of the game. Is there any solution, such as slowing the subtitles down?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Simon the Sorcerer 2 (talkie): Speech + subtitle woes

Post by eriktorbjorn »

CatBoris wrote:Is there any solution, such as slowing the subtitles down?
Well, you could try. It should be possible to set in the Edit Game... or, according to the ScummVM README file, using the F1 - F3 keys.
CatBoris

Post by CatBoris »

Thanks for your help! I'll be sure to try it out, once I've downloaded the latest version, since I found out that I've only got version 7.something :oops: It just might have something to do with it...

::edit::

Unfortunately, changing the settings doesn't seem to have any effect, whether or not I set it to 0 or 255 - the audio still gets cut off at the end.

::further edit::

...and the readme says it's a limitation of the engine. Oh well, thanks nonetheless.