Monkey Island 3, Curse of Monkey Island VOICE ISSUE

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

simon_the_sorcerer

Monkey Island 3, Curse of Monkey Island VOICE ISSUE

Post by simon_the_sorcerer »

Hello there, I have recently re-installed all my Monkey Island games but have come across with a problem with the third!

I have had a good look through the topics and so far haen't been able to find an answer so I was wondering if anyone could help me. The best part of COMI are the great voices. I have gone through all the SCUMMVM technical parts to make the game run and it runs pretty well except nobody talks .... the cutscences are fine but as soon as the game begins properly everything just ends up being subtitles.

Could anyone help me out? hope so. (i'm running SCUMMVM version 0.7.1.0 on windows XP)

Simon
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Monkey Island 3, Curse of Monkey Island VOICE ISSUE

Post by eriktorbjorn »

simon_the_sorcerer wrote: the cutscences are fine but as soon as the game begins properly everything just ends up being subtitles.
Sounds like ScummVM can't find voxdisk1.bun. There should be one "voxdisk" and one "musdisk" file on each CD.
simon_the_sorcerer wrote: Could anyone help me out? hope so. (i'm running SCUMMVM version 0.7.1.0 on windows XP)
ScummVM 0.7.1 is pretty old. The latest stable version is 0.9.1.
simon_the_sorcerer

Oh i see.... well both VOXDISK2.bun and VOXDISK1.bun are in my resource folder so i dunno..... maybe ill get the latests SCUMMVM where can i get the beast?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

simon_the_sorcerer wrote:Oh i see.... well both VOXDISK2.bun and VOXDISK1.bun are in my resource folder so i dunno..... maybe ill get the latests SCUMMVM where can i get the beast?
The downloads page seems like a natural place to start looking...
simon_the_sorcerer

Yes i realised that once I had submitted the reply. But thanks for the sarcasm.