Problems with version 0.9.1, LifeDrive, Monkey Island 2

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Palm port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

kruemel

Problems with version 0.9.1, LifeDrive, Monkey Island 2

Post by kruemel »

Hi,

I just installed version 0.9.1 (build: oct. 28th 2006, 09:52:24) on my Palm LifeDrive (with update 2 installed) using the skin.pdb from http://capers.free.fr/ScummVM/download/arm.zip. I copied all mods (path: /Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Mods) and Monkey Island 2 (path: /Palm/Programs/ScummVM/Games/MI2/; files: MONKEY2.000 & MONKEY2.001) to my 2GB SD card, then launched ScummVM and configured the game as:

Entry name: Monkey Island 2
Path: MI2/
Game: MONKEY2
Engine: Scumm Games
Display: tried Normal and Wide (Hi-Res+)
Render: tried Default and Amiga / Atari ST
tried Smoothing / Keep aspect ratio / Fullscreen all on or off
tried Set platform to 3DO or Amiga
tried Enable subtitles (german) on or off

Alas, what happens when I try to start the game is: the message "importing databases please wait" is displayed for some seconds, then the screen goes white, and then the Palm Launcher is displayed. Info screen says I have 4434 kb from 6144 kb dynamic memory free. Also, I have 3028 kb of DbCache (max chunk: 1302 kb). The same happens directly after a soft reset with 3647 kb of DbCache (max chunk: 2326 kb). I can play the game using the Mac OS X port of ScummVM 0.9.1.

So, any hints what I could do to play MI2 on my LifeDrive successfully?
Many thanks in advance & best regards!
Mario.
Chrilith
ScummVM Porter

Post by Chrilith »

I know, a good doc for the frontend is needed.
For now you can simply use the standard launcher.
With no game selected on teh fontend, press the start button and choose your engine, then you will see the black and green ScummVM launcher
kruemel

Solution found

Post by kruemel »

It seems the problem was PalmRevolt v. 0.946b. I added ScummVM to the app exclusions list in PalmRevolt, and now it works (almost) perfectly - Monkey Island 2 just runs a little bit slow and with suttering sound when playing in landscape orientation.
abraxa

Post by abraxa »