broken sword 2 on a mac

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

smoot

broken sword 2 on a mac

Post by smoot »

I wonder if anyone could help me with some problems I am having trying to play broken sword 2 on my g4 powerbook - running tiger 10.4.6

I cannot add the game to scumm as it says that no game can be found in the directory. I have done everything it says to do in the readme re: renaming files etc. I have played BS1 fine on my mac and I know BS2 should work cos my crappy old PC will just aboout run it. I have even tried copying the new files (sword2.exe etc) that a PC install makes but all to no avail.

Is it even possible to play this on a mac or am i just wasting my time? Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I'm just about out of ideas trying to get this bugger to work.

Cheers
clem

Post by clem »

it should be possible to play BS2 on a Mac

only thing I can think of is that you either didn't select the correct directory, or (very unlikely) you have a ScummVM build without the BS2 module
smoot

Post by smoot »

Yeah I've definitely got the correct directory and I've got the latest version of scumm 0.9.1 so i guess it has the BS2 module?
Vinterstum
ScummVM Developer

Post by Vinterstum »

smoot wrote:Yeah I've definitely got the correct directory and I've got the latest version of scumm 0.9.1 so i guess it has the BS2 module?
Yep, it has.

Check http://scummvm.org/documentation.php?view=datafiles to see exactly which files you need.

EDIT: Oh and make sure you're using version 0.9.1a. The 0.9.1 version had some issues on PPC (mainly performance stuff, but just in case...).