All [M3SD] card detection problems solved? - Try this!

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Metal_Spirit

All [M3SD] card detection problems solved? - Try this!

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Although SCUMMVM is working nicelly with the M3 card, there are some cards wich fail to recognize.

I had a problem with one of my Kingston cards. Although it had the same fat and it was bought at the same time as two other i own, that one in particular failed to be detected with scummvm routines.

The strangest part of it all was that DSORGANIZE, wich supposedly uses the same drivers worked nicely in it.
But somehow with the lastes versions of scumm that problem disappeared by itself, so I never looled into it.

But yesterday I gave SCUMMVM to a friend of mine, and it failed to detect its card.

Onde again, he too had DSORGANIZE Green working perfectly, so i decided to try something.

I loaded DSORGANIZE and tryed to start scumvm from there. And guess what... IT WORKED. It detected the card, and navigated the menus ok, starting Secret of Monkey Island.

I´m not shure about possible consequences on memory usage and on processing power, but why don´t you try this if you have problems, and report back in this thred?

It worked for him. If this wasn´t some strange case or coincidence. maybe it works for you guys too.