M3 Lite + Kingston 1GB MicroSD + Scummvm DS 0.9.1 = Headache

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

neospazzy

M3 Lite + Kingston 1GB MicroSD + Scummvm DS 0.9.1 = Headache

Post by neospazzy »

Just like other people, I have been getting only the top loading screen and a blank bottom screen. The last message always read "Flash Card Reader Not Found" (or something like that). Here is what I did.

- I renamed the scummvm-a.ds.gba to scummvm.nds (playing "Day of the Tentacle")

- Loaded the nds file using the M3 Game Manager.

- Copied the DOTT game folder onto the MicroSD Card.

- Edited the scummvm.ini file to add the forcesramsave=true value.

- Loaded the game up in DS Mode and using the "A" button.

I tried formatting the MicroSD in both FAT32 and FAT and keep getting the same results as well as trying to start the game with START instead of the "A" button. I am using M3 Lite v2.9. I have a DS-Xtreme for PassMe features, but using the Lovelite program to boot to the M3 Lite launcher in DS mode. Other DS games stored on the M3 Lite works fine. I just can't get Scummvm DS to run properly. Please help!
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Other people have reported that some MicroSD cards don't work, you might have more luck with a different card.

Other than that, if your copy of DOTT is the floppy version, you can run it using the Zip method.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

Well.. I can say that I have Three Kingston Cards 1 gb. Two of them always worked and one refused to work giving the same error that you report. All cards are supposed to be equal, and have the same formating.

The stragest part of it all is that the one that refudes to work had a fully working DSORGANIZE in it, and the drivers are supposed to be the same.

But, all of a sudden, after beta 6, this card simply started to work. I did nothing at all, but the problem disappeared.

This is quite a strange thing. And I don´t know how to explain it, but Kingston Card are problematic with m3.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

I must ask: Before trying the gba version, did you try the nds version? The gba version renamed to nds will not allow for you to navigate your card and access the folder where you placed your games. You need the .nds version for that.

The nds version is problematic with some cards, but i must remind that for M3 it requires that it´s installed with the game manager, and that on the first boot you press the left shoulder button until fat is initialized.

Only if it fails after doing this you can say you have a problematic card.

Never the less check my new thread called ALL CARD DETECTION PROBLEMS SOLVED? - TRY THIS!

I tryed this on a friends DS that failed to detect its m3 card, and it worked, maybe it will work for you too.