Music bug?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

holdemrico

Music bug?

Post by holdemrico »

I'm playing through Monkey Island 2 on Linux. I've never played it before, so I can't tell if this is a bug or not. I'm on the 2nd chapter, and no matter what island I go to, the background music is the same. It sounds as if there are two songs being played simultaneously. I tried switching drivers, and with each the music was the same. Was this how it was meant to be or is it a bug? Also, the same thing happened when I tried it on my roommates Linux box with the same settings. Thanks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Music bug?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

holdemrico wrote:I'm playing through Monkey Island 2 on Linux. I've never played it before, so I can't tell if this is a bug or not. I'm on the 2nd chapter, and no matter what island I go to, the background music is the same. It sounds as if there are two songs being played simultaneously. I tried switching drivers, and with each the music was the same. Was this how it was meant to be or is it a bug? Also, the same thing happened when I tried it on my roommates Linux box with the same settings. Thanks!
There is an old bug report to that effect, but no one seems to have been able to find any way to reliably reproduce it.
holdemrico

Post by holdemrico »

I might have been hitting escape or . during a scene transition. Oh well, I'll start a new one, I wasn't that far into the game. Thanks!
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

holdemrico wrote:I might have been hitting escape or . during a scene transition. Oh well, I'll start a new one, I wasn't that far into the game. Thanks!
One thing that might help...
  • Press Ctrl-D to bring up the debug console.
  • Type imuse panic to stop all music.
  • Type exit to close the debug console.
holdemrico

Post by holdemrico »

Wow, that worked perfectly! All I had to do was reenter the area and the correct music was back. Thanks!