Nintendo DS Port?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

sambrosnan

Post by sambrosnan »

I thought that since those audio tracks are readily available for free download from several websites, that it was perfectly legal to download them. You are right, that maybe they are not identical to the originals. In my mind, I am someone who owns a legal copy of the game, minus the music tracks, which I downloaded legally (or at least that's the impression I got from the website). One doesn't find a whole lot of illegal material that is searchable and readily advertised for free download. Know what I mean? I am sorry if I offended anyone or broke any forum rules. I was just not aware that I was doing anything wrong.
sambrosnan

Post by sambrosnan »

I completely understand.
Posterence5

Post by Posterence5 »

[message removed by moderator]
ghazghkull66

Confused...

Post by ghazghkull66 »

If i buy a Nintendo DS Lite, a Supercard Lite and a Micro SD memory card, can i then play my games and movies on my Nintendo , or do i really have to buy a superkey, or what its called?
Im really confused..
Thanks
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

You need a superkey if you want to use the Supercard.

Please note that the Supecard is not recommended for use with ScummVM.
ghazghkull66

?

Post by ghazghkull66 »

And what is a supercard?... lol.. super super super..
heh :)
ghazghkull66

Sorry..

Post by ghazghkull66 »

Ah now i get it. Thanks a lot.. I just misunderstood something.. All that super ting makes me confused..
Thanks!
ghazghkull66

More help...

Post by ghazghkull66 »

Hi again.
Is it good if i buy a

Nintendo DS Lite
Supercard lite rumble
Superkey
Micro SD Memorycard 1 GB

Will it work?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Supercards are unreliable with ScummVM DS. I suggest one of the cards listed as reccomended in this list:

http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/#cardreaders
ghazghkull66

more questions!

Post by ghazghkull66 »

Okay. But this ScummVM, isnt it just a couple of old games for the Nintendo DS? Or am i wrong? Im not sure what that ScummVM is.. Can you explain it in few words?
Sorry for being such a big problem..
ghazghkull66

DS-Xtreme (DS-X) 4Gb(512MB) All-In-One Flash Storage Soluti

Post by ghazghkull66 »

Hi again..
I've got one more question.
Is there any bugs in the DS-Xtreme (DS-X) 4Gb(512MB) All-In-One Flash Storage Solution for Nintendo DS and DS Lite, and is it worth buying it?
And, do i have to buy a superkey or someting extra to be able to use it?
Thanks!
Der_tolle_Emil

Post by Der_tolle_Emil »

I have a DS-X and in my opinion it is worth the money. It is really simple to use but has it's limitations. Biggest advantage though is that it is a standalone product and does not require anything else to function. Just take a completly unmodified Nintendo DS and you are ready to go.

If you are looking for NDS homebrew applications/games, this works quite well. But it lacks total GBA support, meaning, you cannot play GBA Roms with it. At least that is what I read on the DS-X forums once, I am not interested in GBA roms so I haven't really tested it.

ScummVM DS works for me, but it depends on the version. Version 0.61 works fine while all the newer versions have problems writing files, meaning you cannot save and you probably will not be able to play games that automatically save in the background (Fate of Atlantis for example). This problems will eventually be sorted out and until then you can always use 0.61. At least I had no problems with this version.

ScummVM itself is a program that lets you play old LucasArts Adventures, like Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2, Indiana Jones, Sam'n'Max, Maniac Mansion.. I am sure there is a (more) complete list on the ScummVM page. Scumm stands for Scripting Utility for Maniac Mansion and was created, as the name suggests, for the original Maniac Mansion. (and later for other Lucas Arts adventures with various enhancements) It might be compareable to Flash animations - it runs everywhere as long as you have a flash player installed. ScummVM (VM = Virtual Machine) acts like a flash player with the old games being the flash animations; Well, maybe it is not the best comparison but it is the first that came to my mind.
ghazghkull66

Post by ghazghkull66 »

Okay :) thanks for the help all!