Max Media Dock ini Corruption

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hexfield

Max Media Dock ini Corruption

Post by hexfield »

Forgive me if this has been addressed before. I've found variations on this problem elsewhere, but not exactly what I'm experiencing. I just got a shiny new Max Media Dock and scummvm loads and plays great. I've tested Sam and Max and Zak McKracken and both work beautifully.

My problem is that the ini file scummvm is creating for configuration seems to get corrupted somewhere along the line. Everything works fine, including saving, until I quit and try to start scummvm again. It can't read the ini (which is just a string of y's) so it hangs and never loads. Deleting the ini solves the problem and allows it to load. The MMD uses a CF card so I didn't expect to have this corruption problem. Also the save files aren't corrupted at all, I can load them perfectly as long as I delete the ini and allow scummvm to load. I've reformatted the card but this didn't solve the problem. Since my saves aren't corrupted, I don't think saving in SRAM will help, but let me know if I need to try that. Additionally, would writing an ini by hand be helpful so scummvm doens't have to try to create one?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: Looks like reinstalling scummvm to the card fixed this! Sorry to waste your time.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Others have reported that using the 'Quit' option in the pause menu causes it to corrupt data. Perhaps this is the issue you're having. Although I've never seen it on my MMD. Or at all, in fact.

Also, if you happen to turn the DS off while it's saving to the card, that will cause corruption too.
hexfield

Post by hexfield »

Thanks agentq, I'll keep that in mind. Luckily it seems to be working now.
tlv

Post by tlv »

Hi agentq,

i read about a new libcartreset today that can reset all SuperCards, all M3 and EZ-Flash IV devices and the hacked GBAMP. Perhaps it can be of use for you in a future release.

Regards,
Eric
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, it might be. I'll have to take a look at it. Thanks.