Zak McKracken unplayable

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

monkeyboy

Zak McKracken unplayable

Post by monkeyboy »

Hullo,

when i hide the toolbar / keyboard the game screen scales up to take the remaining space - so you dont get the rest of the inventory.

this only happens in landscape mode, in portrait it works but its difficult to play due to the lower res.

im playing on a t-mobile mda compact running wm2003, v9.0a and i think its the FM towns version of zak.

am i the only one seeing this?

Cheers!

PS its REALLY flakey in zoomed up landscape mode. crashes within a second or two.. :(
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Both issues have been resolved in the repository and are fixed in intermediate svn builds. I suggest you wait and grab the 0.9.1 release available early next week.

K.
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

Awesome :-)
bbm

Post by bbm »

2 monkeyboy:
this version http://users.uoa.gr/~knakos/scummvm/bin ... vm.exe.bz2 (08-Oct-2006) works fine
SchodMC

Post by SchodMC »

The build still seems to be buggy. Well, the display works in fullscreen, but the font looks strange.

And the other problem I have now: The clock-, speaker, sync- and connections sybol is not visible any more! What can I do to make them visible again? I don't whant to make a cold-reset (using Windows Mobile 5 on a iPAQ hx2490) because then I have to reinstall all other applications. Please help! (The Fix from http://arisme.free.fr/PocketScumm does not work. The clock will still be gone. :()
frank_m24

Post by frank_m24 »

Hello,

@SchodMC: It does work.

On my Axim X50 it seems, that storing the registry values takes some time, maybe due to some kind of caching. Switching off the Device forces the values to be written. Perform it like this:
- Execute the "FixTimer.exe"
- Switch off your Device
- Switch on your Device
- Perform the Soft Reset.

After this procedure the items shound be visible again.

kind regards

Frank
SchodMC

Post by SchodMC »

Great, it works. Thank you very much!

But what the hack does ScummVM do with that Registry key?!?
monkeyboy

Post by monkeyboy »

Works great!! thank you muchly!

:D