Newer Lucasarts games?

All the inane chatter goes in here. If you're curious about whether we will support a game, post HERE not in General Discussion :)

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Razputin

Newer Lucasarts games?

Post by Razputin »

I don't know if this has been suggested before but how is the idea of making Grim Fandango and Monkey Island 4 compatible with SCUMM VM? I know that they aren't Scumm games per se, but they are in the Graphic Adventure category and two of the last Lucasarts games to be produced from the genre.

The reason I bring this up is that my computer has sound issues when trying to play Grim Fandango. Sometimes the sound works fine for a few minutes before making the entire game freeze up, other times it just stays off. I also had sound issues when trying to run The Curse of Monkey Island, but after running it on SCUMM VM, it works like a charm.

I have no idea if this is possible, it's just a suggestion. Also my sound card is a Realtek HD audio that came built into the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Sorry about saying the CMI runs on Steam, (it was really late). I guess I also meant to say that I also have mic issues in the Steam multiplayer games, all I get is this annoying feedback when trying to use voicechat, even when the mic isn't plugged in.
Last edited by Razputin on Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
clem

Post by clem »

Herrscher

Post by Herrscher »

What you always could try is running DXDiag (WIN+R or Start->Run... and "DXDiag") and change to the Sound tab, and then deactivate the "acceleration" as much as possible (turn the slider to the left). Many onboard chipsets seem to have problems with that in rare cases, at least AFAIK.

You have current sound / chipset drivers installed??? :?:

EDIT: EMI is on Steam????? Are you kidding?? :shock:
Razputin

Post by Razputin »

Thanks for that.
Razputin

Post by Razputin »

Herrscher wrote:You have current sound / chipset drivers installed??? :?:
The annoying thing is, I tried to find the newer drivers on the website and all I can find are updates for the audio codecs.

Also, how on earth can I post an avatar? The forums won't let me for some reason. Sorry for all the questions and stuff, I'm new here

Edit: never mind, found em