Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PlayStation 2 port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DarKHawK

Provide link

Post by DarKHawK »

Could anyone provide a share of this new version
OpTiMaL

Post by OpTiMaL »

I've uploaded the newest ScummVM for PS2 to my FileFront account. Enjoy.

http://hosted.filefront.com/optimalhunter/
DarKHawK

Thanks Optimal

Post by DarKHawK »

Thanks alot for the upload
cuy9000

Doesn't work for me.. :(

Post by cuy9000 »

I have a PS2 Slim V 7500x, chip modbo v1.1 (crappy clone of the Matrix Infinity chip).
I downloaded the final version of ScummVM (9.0.1) to my pen drive (Kingston Data Traveler II 256MB). So i put the CD where is the ulauncher 4.02 and execute scummvm.elf from usb_mass and then... it freeze (or hangs) in the spiral-DNA screen. This happened too in DVD and CD copies.

I change the USBD.IRX with other version that i have and nothing.

Other programs works with this method like SMS, FTP programs, Pgen (genesis emulator), but the Snes Station doens't work, it seems like the problem is the same.

Please, help me.
Sorry for my bad english
JakeTails

Post by JakeTails »

Ehi, cuy9000...
try to load uLaunchelf on the MemoryCard...
and from uLaunchelf try to load ScummVM from the USB Drive...
it works.

I want to thanks Optimal! :lol:
cuy9000

Post by cuy9000 »

JakeTails, same problem. I create a BOOT/ directory in the MC, put the boot.elf (ulauncherelf 4.06). I load ulaunchelf from the MC and put my pen drive with scummvm emulator and it freeze in the same screen (spiral-DNA screen). I changed the USBD.IRX version, i changed the USB_MASS.IRX version and doesnt work. :( (The version of my PS2 is 7000x and not 7500x like i said in the previuos post)

Whats wrong with my PS2???

Thanks for your help
Last edited by cuy9000 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

weirdzod wrote:hey, when i push the "quit" button it crash... the older version reboot... why crash now???
I don't know... Someone Know?
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

Oh Man!!!!
No one know???
axcessor

Post by axcessor »

hello,

is there any way to change the resolution?
when i play monkey island or other text adventures, there is always a piece missing on the top and bottom of the screen, so that i can't read all the text.

i tried to attach 3 usb keyboards now, pressing CTRL, ALT and + or - to change the scale like said in the help, but it seems
the keyboards aren't recognized.

but voice adventures run fine, very good job!! :-)
deer8182

Fix for Boot Problems

Post by deer8182 »

JakeTails, same problem. I create a BOOT/ directory in the MC, put the boot.elf (ulauncherelf 4.06). I load ulaunchelf from the MC and put my pen drive with scummvm emulator and it freeze in the same screen (spiral-DNA screen). I changed the USBD.IRX version, i changed the USB_MASS.IRX version and doesnt work. Sad (The version of my PS2 is 7000x and not 7500x like i said in the previuos post)

Thanks for your help
Delete the MODERN.* files in your scumm-booting-directory. In these files is the "modern skin" stored. The files aren't needed for booting scumm and as mentioned in the release notes they (maybe) wont work on any boot device excepting the dvdrom.
I had the same Problem and after removing these files I was able to boot (with the old standard skin) from hdd.
I've not tested booting without these file from mc, but I think deleting the file will fix the problem on the mc too.
The modern skin looks nice, but in my opinion a running "not nice looking" version of scumm is nicer then a "nice looking" not running version :-)

By the way: booting with the modern skin from a usb mass storage worked fine, but scumm crashed at "edit game...". So I hardly suggest playing without the modern skin!

Greets Felix
cuy9000

Re: Fix for Boot Problems

Post by cuy9000 »

deer8182, thanks for your help but it doens't work, never work for me even previous versions of scummvm.

deer8182 wrote:
JakeTails, same problem. I create a BOOT/ directory in the MC, put the boot.elf (ulauncherelf 4.06). I load ulaunchelf from the MC and put my pen drive with scummvm emulator and it freeze in the same screen (spiral-DNA screen). I changed the USBD.IRX version, i changed the USB_MASS.IRX version and doesnt work. Sad (The version of my PS2 is 7000x and not 7500x like i said in the previuos post)

Thanks for your help
Delete the MODERN.* files in your scumm-booting-directory. In these files is the "modern skin" stored. The files aren't needed for booting scumm and as mentioned in the release notes they (maybe) wont work on any boot device excepting the dvdrom.
I had the same Problem and after removing these files I was able to boot (with the old standard skin) from hdd.
I've not tested booting without these file from mc, but I think deleting the file will fix the problem on the mc too.
The modern skin looks nice, but in my opinion a running "not nice looking" version of scumm is nicer then a "nice looking" not running version :-)

By the way: booting with the modern skin from a usb mass storage worked fine, but scumm crashed at "edit game...". So I hardly suggest playing without the modern skin!

Greets Felix
Forum Joe

Post by Forum Joe »

Lavos, thanks very much for this, it allows me to play my favourite games on the PS2, from my couch... wonderful.

I'd previously tried it on my PS2, but my DVD drive is stuffed, so I couldn't run any of the games. THis new one that works from the harddrive works great. Initially I had a problem because it wouldn't detect the games on the harddrive. I tried copying them to the root path (in the +ScummVM partition) and that worked, so I was frustrated that I could only have one game installed at a time. Then I realised that in the game-selection screen you have to DOUBLE-CLICK on harddrive. This seems a bit at odds with the PS2 interface, since nothing else ever requires a double click. It's ok, but you might want to include something in the documentation about it, I was stumped for hours.

Anyway, aside from that my only gripe has been mentioned already, that the QUIT button crashes the console.

Also, you might like to know that the Modern.zip skin stuff doesn't work when it's in the root folder of the drive, but if you copy the scummvm elf into a subfolder and run it from there, the skin comes up perfectly.
matrixfreak

Post by matrixfreak »

Is it possible to run SCUMMVM now from a pendrive without a mod-chip? If yes, can anybody explain it? :cry: :cry:
deer8182

Post by deer8182 »

You have to practice the "memory card exploit". With this trick you can boot anything you want from your memory card (instead of one ore more specified ps1 games). With a "launcher" application booted from the memory card you can start any application (i.e. scummvm) from your pen drive (or any other device i.e. harddisk).

To do so you have to generate one file (title.db) with information about one or more ORIGINAL ps1 games you own. There are many title.db generators online. Then you must download a "launcher application" (i.e. ulaunchelf). Rename it as "BOOT.ELF".

These files you have to copy in the "BADATA-SYSTEM" (NTSC) or "BEDATA-SYSTEM" (PAL) directory of your memory card. These step is the most difficult part of the whole exploit-thing:

You need a network interface at your ps2! And you need to run an ftp server on your ps2. But you can't do that without a mod chip or having hdloader/hdadvance (original cd) and an installed hd in your ps2 to run the ftp-server from hdloader.

The easiest way is asking a friend with an modded ps2 to do it for you. You can create an ps2-bootable-cd with the "execs ftp server" and then install the exploit from your friends ps2 on your own mc. Or install a ps2-image of the ftp server on your ps2-hd (with Winhiip) and boot it from hdloader. Than you can access your ps2 via ftp and be able to install the exploit.

Search @ web for more information and instruction

Greets
MrPunchy

Post by MrPunchy »

MrPunchy wrote:
weirdzod wrote:hey, when i push the "quit" button it crash... the older version reboot... why crash now???
I don't know... Someone Know?
This bug will be fixed on 0.X.0?