Help with Sam & Max (pretty please)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

moldcat

Help with Sam & Max (pretty please)

Post by moldcat »

I'm playing Sam & Max Hit the Road. I'm to the point where I'm supposed to find Frog Rock between Mount Badrich and the world's largest stump using the binoculars. I've stuck the lens on the binoculars and hooked them up to the wires and can use them and see Mount Badrich and the stump, but as soon as I start looking through the binoculars they begin spinning to the left and will not stop no matter what I do. It is my understanding that clicking the left mouse button (or pressing enter) should move them left and clicking the right button (or pressing tab) should move them right. As it is, all I can do when looking through them is press escape or click both mouse buttons to stop looking through them, at which point Sam says I should stop the binoculars when I think I've found the rock. I played this game years ago and had the same problem and simply gave up. I started the game again a couple days ago thinking if I was using scummVM I wouldn't run into it again, but alas, here I am. What am I doing wrong? Thanks so much!
glokidd

Post by glokidd »

try the right and left clicking on the switch part of the binoculars (the lever in the middle of the bottom 3rd of the screen)
mrshah87

Post by mrshah87 »

forgot where is it
HendrixJimi

Post by HendrixJimi »

I had a hard time on that one too .. u have to click betwin the cords .. u know ther the "pin" is (the reason for the spin is that the pin is turned way to the left (or right)).