saving with Ez4 Lite 2Gb MiniSD

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

pka4916

saving with Ez4 Lite 2Gb MiniSD

Post by pka4916 »

How do I save the save files?

I ran it through the Ez4 software and it will make a save when i reboot my ez4, but the internal game saves are not there.

using scumm Beta 4
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

I wasn't even able to start the latest beta (5) on my EZflash IV lite deluxe.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Hmm. I know the resource loading in Kyrandia has changed recently. It is possible that the file has always been missing, but the version of ScummVM you were using didn't check for it until you got to the right place in the game. Now, the check is done at startup.
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

I'm just wondering, how are you running scummvm on your EZflash IV lite? Is that with the gba-flash version or FAT?
pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

It's using the FAT

Tried Beta 5 and still the same problem.

Looks like kyranda does save correctly.
Monkey island 1 floppy version doesn't seems to keep the save.

and then there is that Queen of the amazone I think its called... (looks like a flight adventure game)
no cluu with that game...
the guy walked upstairs and your stuck in the room.. cant do anything.. can't save.... nothing...
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

pka4916 wrote:It's using the FAT
How do you put it on your microSD card? Just clean copy it or run it through the patcher (like I said I've never gotton it to work in my EZflash IV lite deluxe)?
pka4916

Post by pka4916 »

Scorpei wrote:
pka4916 wrote:It's using the FAT
How do you put it on your microSD card? Just clean copy it or run it through the patcher (like I said I've never gotton it to work in my EZflash IV lite deluxe)?
I havea MINIsd
and running it through the patcher. then change the
.GBA extention to .DS.GBA
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

I'll give it a go (I'll test both running it through the patcher and adding ndsloader.bin). Thanks :).
=edit=
Adding ndsloader (and of course changing the extention to .nds) doesn't work (doesn't even load, hangs at the EZflash IV menu). Neither does running it through the patching software (using EZ4_20060922) :s (which doesn't require renameing) --> 2 white screens.

NDSloader without renaming (.ds.gba) does however boot, but it hangs at "Flash card reader not found".
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

There is no support for the EZ Flash IV. They are in the process of sending me one, and then I will be able to add support for it. But it won't be for 0.9.1.

You won't be able to use the FAT mode in any version until this is done.
Scorpei

Post by Scorpei »

agentq wrote:There is no support for the EZ Flash IV. They are in the process of sending me one, and then I will be able to add support for it. But it won't be for 0.9.1.

You won't be able to use the FAT mode in any version until this is done.
Then you can understand why l was so surprised when pka posted he was using thefat version :). That is impossible, though l have read about this somewhere else(using the patcher with scummvm FAT).
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

BTW, in Flight of The Amazon Queen, you use your journal in your inventory to load and save the game.