broken sword 1 movie crashes

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Black Mage

broken sword 1 movie crashes

Post by Black Mage »

i have a strange problem, broken sword 1 works well without the movies add on, but when i add them, it puts an error, while the error is on the screen is blank and i can here the movies music, but when i press ok it shuts down scummvm.

i have an hp ipaq hx 2410 with windows mobile 2003 se (not that im proud of it :P)
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

This issue has been reported. Last time I checked it ran just fine in my emulator and thus seemed like a memory problem (e.g. you don't have enough). But I'll double check before next release. You can monitor the bugtracker for any updates on this.
PC_Arcade

Post by PC_Arcade »

I'm having the same issue on an MDA Exec using WM5
iancampbell79

Memory

Post by iancampbell79 »

Any idea how much memory is needed? My 2110 has about 25Mb free. The video playback worked with v0.8.2
iancampbell79

New IPAQ

Post by iancampbell79 »

For reference, I have just bought an IPAQ 2790 (192Mb memory, 624MHz processor, Windows Mobile 5), and get this error on that machine as well!
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Can you try this version here:http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2580

PS. As a precautionary measure, backup your scummvm.ini file or copy this svn build into a seperate directory and run it.
iancampbell79

New EXE

Post by iancampbell79 »

That seems to solve the video problem, but the left-hand icon (the one that calls up the menu) causes the program to crash out. When it does this it does not replace the task bar in WM5 and so I have to do a soft reset to cure this.
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Alright, thanks for trying. Most probably we'll resolve the issue anyway by release 0.9.1 (which is happening soon).