M3 Test Build - Download it and post your results

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

Shadow_Zero wrote:I tried both renaming the .ds.gba and the .nds (with and without using the M3 Game Manager) but with no luck.
It just keeps hanging at the "ZIP file check...Not in use!" part.
Also tried booting with L + R but I can't even start the program then.

Where can I see what firmware I have?
Err.. I dunno what you are doing with the L + R... even if you hold them down it isn't until after the zip file check that it prompts you to delete the SRAM. Just start the nds file normally in your games section and as soon as it starts loading, hold down L + R for a while even after the zip file check.

If you don't know what firmware version you have, you probably need to upgrade. They just released v29. Download it at:
http://www.m3adapter.com/Download.htm
Then put the updagcsd.e29 file (found in .\loader\SD\) in the root of your flash card. Next time you start your DS, it will ask you to update your firmware.
tlv

Post by tlv »

Shadow_Zero wrote:Where can I see what firmware I have?
In the main menu, select "Setup" and in this menu press the "select" button to show the help. Then select "Update Info". It shows "updagcsd.eXX" where XX is the version number.

Regards,
Eric
Shadow_Zero

Post by Shadow_Zero »

Kaervos512:
I tried both holding L+R before booting and after booting. So before booting it doesn't start ScummVM. After booting it just keeps hanging as it always does.

I upgraded to 2.9, I had 2.6, but no difference :(
Kaervos512

Post by Kaervos512 »

Shadow_Zero wrote:Kaervos512:
I tried both holding L+R before booting and after booting. So before booting it doesn't start ScummVM. After booting it just keeps hanging as it always does.

I upgraded to 2.9, I had 2.6, but no difference :(
Shadow_Zero-

I'm not sure what your problem may be... I had no issues. Is your card FAT32 formatted? If not, try formatting it with FAT32. Thats the first thing I did with my cards.

Otherwise... if you still don't have a SCUMMVM.INI in the root of your card, I don't know what else to have you try. =(
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I tried both renaming the .ds.gba and the .nds (with and without using the M3 Game Manager) but with no luck.
You renamed the .nds? To what?

Take the .ds.gba file and change the extension to .nds.[/quote]
sneekysneeky

Post by sneekysneeky »

Just something I noticed that may or my not be a bug, but in MI1 the bgmusic ends/stops after one play and doesn't loop. So if I talk for too long in say the Scummbar, the track ends and there is no music unless I leave and re-enter?
animall

Post by animall »

Yes it works! I totally missed this thread before posting my issues in the other one. This is such a relief though - I give my thanks.
Metal_Spirit

Post by Metal_Spirit »

IT WORKS... IT WORKS... At first try.

Just placed the scumm .nds file in the root, and the games in some dirs... it navigated ok, and worked...

But my sound files are s03. I used them on the PC,and they are a bit heavy for the DS... Is there a simple way to revert them back to sou, or do i need to rip them all over again?

PS: I was amazed that Indy 4 handled mp3 so well (and I don´t remember if the files it contains are mono or stereo since i converted them a long time ago).. DOTT on the contrary has some small pauses. Can´t the code be optimized for this, since they are not frequent, and so small?
Last edited by Metal_Spirit on Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

If you get pauses at the start of each sentance, this is a file system delay. You will probably get better results by formatting your card as FAT16 (shown as just FAT under Windows).

There's no way to convert s03 back to sou.

While you're here, try the beta4 version:
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2604
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

This M3 test version is now no longer needed, as the same driver is now in beta4.