Cant run modified game (disable checksum?)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

moneytoo

Cant run modified game (disable checksum?)

Post by moneytoo »

Hello,
I succefuly ran couple of games on PSP port of scummVM. But I have problem with Simon The Sorcerrer II. The original dos version (in english) runs fine. But I have (own) cd version of Simon The Sorcerrer II for win (talkie) and the problem is (I guess) in the game localization (czech language). The game cannot be found on the PSP (even if I convert the wav file to mp3). So I tried to hexa edit the dos version where the texts are stored (replaced only one word) and I cant load it neither. Its probably because of checksum. Is there any way to disable this feature and load this modified game? (I tried that on PalmOS port and it worked but the screen is too small for me to read dialoges)
joostp
ScummVM Developer

Post by joostp »

Try using target_md5 in your scummvm.ini as described here
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

joostp wrote:Try using target_md5 in your scummvm.ini as described here
No, target_md5 works only with SCUMM games. And moreovoer, it was present only in 0.8.x branch.

As of your problem, moneytoo, you should do following on your PC:
  • Download latest SVN build and run it.
  • Add couple games, so C:\windows\scummvm.ini will be created
  • Add Simon manually to your scummvm.ini (just provide path and gameid)
  • Run Czech Simon2 from the command line (see our FAQ if you don't know how to do it)
  • Open bugreport on our bugtracker and provide list of md5s which ScummVM will print out on game start
  • Follow instructions of a developer who will reply to your bugreport. That will be Kirben
Simple md5 is not enough to make the game playable in this case. Kirben will ask you to do some more work, so Czech font and verbs could be added to ScummVM too.

Also see this topic.

Eugene