Loading save games crashes ScummVM, plus: modern theme probl

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's PocketPC/HandheldPC port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cyxxon

Loading save games crashes ScummVM, plus: modern theme probl

Post by cyxxon »

Hi,

I have a problem with loading save games in Monkey Island 1 + 2 (only games I tested so far, still waiting for my SD card to arrive, so I only have minimal space). When I select the saved games and proceed to load them, ScummVM crashes and writes a crash dump.

I think I saw a solution somewhere on teh intarweb like a week or 2 ago, but now I cannot find it anymore and was wondering if there is indeed a solution to this.

Maybe related is the problem that I sometimes lose the modern theme and ScummVM reverts back to the original green-on-black theme, which is a little harder to read on my screen. Did anybody else have this?

Since I do not yet use an SD card, I transferred the files via AciveSync to my Personal Files folder and moved them to a \Program Files\ScummVM\ folder with Total Commander. My PocketPC is a xda neo, I think that is a rebranded HTC Prophet, running Windows Mobile 2005.

Thanks
Thomas
knakos
ScummVM Porter

Post by knakos »

Thomas,

Please enter this bug in our database using the bugtracker (find the link in the main scummvm page). Don't forget to mention device type, memory size, resolution and attach at least one problematic savegame.

Thanks,
Kostas
cyxxon

Post by cyxxon »

Kostas,

thanks for answering. I just wanted to add the bug to the database and therefore started ScummVM on my xda again for all the little details, and the save game loaded. Great. Well, it is, but the crash was very real and not a once-in-a-lifetime thing as well.

Right now I think it is because of the theme, I think that everytime it crashed the modern theme was present, and since it reverted back to the regular oldish ScummVM theme, I didn't try again since I thought "hey, if not even the skin is coming up, why should save game management work".

Anyway, I can later try and reinstall ScummVM, hope that the modern theme works again then, and try loading the backed up save game again. When that crashes again, I will update this thread again.

Thomas