ScummVM Mac & DS

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Aughr

ScummVM Mac & DS

Post by Aughr »

I started out playing Monkey Island 1 on my DS. Having played for a little bit, I transferred the save over to my Mac and continued playing using the ScummVM OS X port. Since the save from the DS version worked on the Mac, I assumed that the converse would be true as well. When I went back to the DS, however, my saves from the Mac didn't work. Would I need to somehow convert the saves? If so, is it possible?

UPDATE: Well, I've made some progress. I was able to de-gzip the Mac save, which changes the error message in the DS version from invalid save to "invalid version." I'm using 0.61 on the DS and 9.0.0 stable on the Mac.
baka0815

Post by baka0815 »

I also have a question, which I think fits here.

Is the DS version really a ScummVM 0.6.1 or is this just some internal versioning? If it's a real 0.6.1, why didn't you take a current 0.9x version? Is this because of memory issues on the DS or something?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

ScummVM DS 0.61 has nothing to do with ScummVM 0.6.1. It's actually built off the latest SVN version at the time I released.

As to the Mac savegame issues, the Mac/Windows version of ScummVM save with a screenshot of the running game, which takes quite a lot of space, and the DS version cuts this out, this may have something to do with the reason you can't load your Mac save on the DS. And you're right - gzipped saves are another reason it may not work.

I'm not really sure what's going on, since I haven't tried swapping saves between versions.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Update!

Post by agentq »

Another user has managed to get saves from his Pocket PC version to the DS version:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2516
clem

Re: Update!

Post by clem »

agentq wrote:Another user has managed to get saves from his Pocket PC version to the DS version:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=2516
maybe a check for a zip (gzip?) header might be useful, to tell the user to manually unzip them? might be generally a good idea for all ports

clem
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, that shouldn't be a hard thing to implement.