Sound in monkey island 4 through wine?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zitrix

Sound in monkey island 4 through wine?

Post by zitrix »

Now I have managed to install EFMI with wine :D

But now i have a new problem, I need to play the game with a no cd crack and no problem so far, the game starts and everything works fine, except the sound, there is no sound in the movies and no sound in the game :(

Anyone that have any idea on how i should do to get the sound to work?

*Edit* Changed the whole thread from asking how to install the game to ask only about the sound.
Last edited by zitrix on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: MI4 in scummVM ?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

zitrix wrote:Is it possible to play MI4 in scummVM?

I'm a linux user so it's not possible to do a regular installation.

Or if someone have any other sugestions i would be happy to know :wink:
No, ScummVM does not support Escape From Monkey Island. It does not use the SCUMM engine, and it uses polygon models for the characters. I suppose it's possible that the Residual project will eventually support it, but the pace at which that project proceeds is probably best described as glacial.

I was able to play the game with Wine on my Linux box. Not an ideal solution, but it worked pretty well. At least with the game's OpenGL renderer.
zitrix

Post by zitrix »

Ok thanks :)

How did you do during the installation?, the installation ask to switch to disk2. but when wine is installing from the cd you can't open the cd-tray.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

zitrix wrote:Ok thanks :)

How did you do during the installation?, the installation ask to switch to disk2. but when wine is installing from the cd you can't open the cd-tray.
I don't remember, it's been a long time. Running Wine from another directory than the CD might help, or maybe I just made a minimal install.
zitrix

Post by zitrix »

Ok, thanks anyway for answer :)