Monkey Island 1 (madness) cd audio issue

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ccarroll321

Monkey Island 1 (madness) cd audio issue

Post by ccarroll321 »

im having problems with the madness version of MI1. anyone know how i can get cd audio/sound effects working with scummvm and MI madness?

thanks
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

You need to extract the music off the CD using a program like iTunes.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Monkey Island 1 (madness) cd audio issue

Post by eriktorbjorn »

ccarroll321 wrote:im having problems with the madness version of MI1. anyone know how i can get cd audio/sound effects working with scummvm and MI madness?
ScummVM should be able to play the sound directly from CD, though if there are more than one CD-ROM player, it might try the wrong one. There's a command-line option to try a different one, but it's easier to simply rip and compress the audio tracks, as described in the README file.
mamieyannick

Post by mamieyannick »

Hi,

I got the same problem with Monkey Island (1), CD issue, and I've read the same answer in the FAQ. But what am I supposed to do with the audio tracks ripped in mp3 ? In which directory could I store them ?

I've convert the Audio CD into mp3, but I don't know what to do next and where to put it.

Another question : the 1rst track (on the cd) is for the data, so the 1rst audio track is the 2nd track of the cd, what should be th name of this track : track1.mp3 or track2.mp3 ???

Thanks again for that wonderful way to re-discover my favourites heroes !

Bye,

Mamie Yannick
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

mamieyannick wrote: I've convert the Audio CD into mp3, but I don't know what to do next and where to put it.
Same folder as the other Monkey Island 1 data files.

mamieyannick wrote: Another question : the 1rst track (on the cd) is for the data, so the 1rst audio track is the 2nd track of the cd, what should be th name of this track : track1.mp3 or track2.mp3 ???
track1.mp3
mamieyannick

YESSSS !

Post by mamieyannick »

Thanx a lot : I can now hear plenty of sweet carribean tunes ! :D

WUNDERBACH !!!

M.Y.