scummvm max media dock

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MisterSentient

scummvm max media dock

Post by MisterSentient »

agentq: I have compiled a version of scummvm DS which works with the Max Media Dock. I sent you an e-mail about this a couple of days ago. Is it alright if I release it for other MMD owners to try out?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yeah, you did. Sorry I haven't replied to your email yet, but I've been quite busy.

It sounds great that you've got it working on the MMD. Feel free to release a version for people to test. You should contact chishm on the gbadev board to have your code integrated into libfat, so that MMD users can enjoy all homebrew software.
MisterSentient

Post by MisterSentient »

agentq wrote:Yeah, you did. Sorry I haven't replied to your email yet, but I've been quite busy.

It sounds great that you've got it working on the MMD. Feel free to release a version for people to test. You should contact chishm on the gbadev board to have your code integrated into libfat, so that MMD users can enjoy all homebrew software.
If I'm not mistaken I think libfat does in fact now include this code. Are you planning to use libfat in the next ScummVM DS release? If so it would probably work with the MMD.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

Yes, I plan to move over to libfat as soon as it has support for directory listing.
MisterSentient

Post by MisterSentient »

Which versions of devkitarm and libnds do you recommend for ScummVM DS dev? I'm currently using devkitarm r19 and libnds-20060719.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

I know I'm on DevkitArm r19b, not sure about libnds, but I think it's the latest one.
MisterSentient

Post by MisterSentient »

For anyone who is interested I have posted the files on Max Console's forum...

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=28078
Martin

Post by Martin »

I just got an email back from codejunkies that said that the file storage system was FAT32, and they even recommended ScummVM, so why build a different setup? wouldn't the other one work just fine?
MisterSentient

Post by MisterSentient »

Martin wrote:I just got an email back from codejunkies that said that the file storage system was FAT32, and they even recommended ScummVM, so why build a different setup? wouldn't the other one work just fine?
HA! If only that were true! I got duped by the same marketing BS. Yes the system does support FAT32 but that does not mean it is compatible with all homebrew. The original version of ScummVM DS does not work with the Max Media Dock or Max Media Player. That is a fact.

If you were considering buying one read the following review first...

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=content&itemid=197
baka0815

Post by baka0815 »

I heard rumors, that the SuperCard (Lite) does not support the libfat, is that true? If so, will the next version using libfat still run on a SuperCard (Lite)?