CMI Voxdisk1 won't copy

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

lafftrack7

CMI Voxdisk1 won't copy

Post by lafftrack7 »

I'm trying to run CMI, but the diologue (sp) isn't working. This is because the Voxdisk1 file refuses to copy anywhere. It starts to download, then midway through it stops and tells me that it can't be copied, citing:
"Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)".

Tell me: what does that mean?

Even more important, how can I copy it? Or can someone supply me with a verion of the program that will?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: CMI Voxdisk1 won't copy

Post by eriktorbjorn »

lafftrack7 wrote:I'm trying to run CMI, but the diologue (sp) isn't working. This is because the Voxdisk1 file refuses to copy anywhere. It starts to download, then midway through it stops and tells me that it can't be copied, citing:
"Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check)".

Tell me: what does that mean?

Even more important, how can I copy it? Or can someone supply me with a verion of the program that will?
I assume it means that the operating system detected an error in the data it tried to read from the CD. The disc could be dirty (cleaning it - gently, mind you - could help), scratched (might be fixable, though I have no experience of this myself), or it could be physically damaged, in which case there's probably no way of retrieving the data.

But I'm by no means an expert on this.
lafftrack7

Post by lafftrack7 »

Here's a crazy idea that just might work. Could somebody upload a copy of the file somewhere so I could download it as a replacement? After all, they are all the same mass produced files.
clem

Post by clem »

lafftrack7 wrote:Here's a crazy idea that just might work. Could somebody upload a copy of the file somewhere so I could download it as a replacement? After all, they are all the same mass produced files.
here's a crazy answer: try reading the forum rules (especially forum rule #0, hint hint)
lafftrack7

Post by lafftrack7 »

clem wrote:
lafftrack7 wrote:Here's a crazy idea that just might work. Could somebody upload a copy of the file somewhere so I could download it as a replacement? After all, they are all the same mass produced files.
here's a crazy answer: try reading the forum rules (especially forum rule #0, hint hint)

...damn. I looked over the rules and that ONE eluded me. Sorry about that. Oh well.